Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BRN-10 & CETME L review

BRN-10 & CETME L review

How cool is this? Did anyone ever think we'd see either of these rifles for sale in mass quantity?

The BRN-10 is nearly perfect although I imagine most people would have rather had something that looks like the Portuguese model.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...olmarfirearms/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I don't "get" the demand for the CETME.

I'd much rather see the Stg44, FG42 or Stg45 in mass production.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I don't "get" the demand for the CETME.

I'd much rather see the Stg44, FG42 or Stg45 in mass production.
    I think the demand is for something different rather than specifically for the CETME. It isn't like that gun has a proud military history. With that said, anyone who enjoys and/or collects HK rifles will probably want one.

Wasn't Hill and Mac working on an StG44 clone?

Last edited by Tokarev; 05-23-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I think the demand is for something different rather than specifically for the CETME.
    I think it's this. People are kinda bored of AR15's.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I think the demand is for something different rather than specifically for the CETME. It isn't like that gun has a proud military history. With that said, anyone who enjoys and/or collects HK rifles will probably want one.

Wasn't Hill and Mac working on an StG44 clone?

I've been waiting two years for delivery on mine. It is supposed to be a magazine problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I think it's this. People are kinda bored of AR15's.
    Maybe, I won't say you're wrong since it would seem subjective but Brownells and others are selling Retro AR's of various vintages. As a 2 gun shooter in any given match I'll see maybe 2-3 non AR type rifles and those will usually be AK's. Maybe it's my AO but the AR-15 seems to rule the roost.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Maybe, I won't say you're wrong since it would seem subjective but Brownells and others are selling Retro AR's of various vintages. As a 2 gun shooter in any given match I'll see maybe 2-3 non AR type rifles and those will usually be AK's. Maybe it's my AO but the AR-15 seems to rule the roost.
    Import restrictions pretty much killed off anything not an AR or AK unless a person is willing to drop close to $2k on a rifle. You can get an AR15 for just under $1,000 and most of the other good options are about double that. You can't get Daewoo's or FNC's anymore. The Brownell's retro rifles are still AR15's but at least it's a little different.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Import restrictions pretty much killed off anything not an AR or AK unless a person is willing to drop close to $2k on a rifle. You can get an AR15 for just under $1,000 and most of the other good options are about double that. You can't get Daewoo's or FNC's anymore. The Brownell's retro rifles are still AR15's but at least it's a little different.
    Plus, the vast majority of current non-AR rifles are either super expensive (Styer AUG), kind of odd (Tavors, ect), really old (M1a, Mini-14s), or from the crack addled monkeys at Century Arms.

I would love an Aug, but I love having my kidneys more.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Im eyeing up a green cetme L at a buddies shop. I have a thing for odd assaulty things that the anti's don't want me to have... probably gonna pick it up to keep my HK rollers company.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Im eyeing up a green cetme L at a buddies shop. I have a thing for odd assaulty things that the anti's don't want me to have... probably gonna pick it up to keep my HK rollers company.
    I think it is an odd and interesting rifle. Right there with stuff like the AR70. Not better than anything and probably not a SHTF gun but fun and enjoyable none the less.

User Tag List