Thread: US Navy Tiger Cruise

US Navy Tiger Cruise

I did a 3 night Tiger Cruise on the USS John C Stennis last week. Just wondering if any of you have done something similar? A Tiger Cruise is allowing family to be on ship at the end of a deployment. My son is a sailor on the Stennis, which is an amazing ship.

It was an awesome experience, something I'll never forget. I have tremendous respect for my son, who is well respected by his cohorts and bosses.

We had F18s taking off and landing 100ft away from us on deck, an F18 cruised past the ship at the speed of sound creating a huge sonic boom, a spec ops EOD team fast roped onto the moving ship from an MH60, two F18s strafed targets in the water with their 20mm cannons, to name a few of the things I saw.

My dad was on carriers and LHAs for years so I did a few as a kid, very cool experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took one of my cousins from Pearl Harbor to Long Beach on return from my first Westpac on USS Reuben James. I took my Dad from Pearl to Bremerton, WA on return from my second Westpac on USS Nimitz.

They both enjoyed it tremendously, but the memories of the last leg of the long trip home with my Dad aboard are priceless. He got to see everything except where I stood watch (nuke plant). He was blown away that they let him take the helm and by watching flight ops from vulture's row on the island.

My son just made E-5 today we’re super proud of him. Under 2 1/2 yrs to E-5 is pretty good.

User Tag List