Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blackhawk barrel length and finish question

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Ive had a number of 4 5/8" guns, they carry very nicely. Ive literally forgot I had them on on many occasions after wearing them in the mountains or cutting firewood all day, in and out of the truck, sitting in chairs, whatever. I carried them mostly in threepersons type holsters, a Lawrence 120 I believe.

I had one 5 1/2" 44, I carried it some, but didnt warm up to it compared to the 4 5/8" guns. I had it cut to 4 5/8" and feel it was money well spent, otherwise it would have sat around unused for the most part.

A 45 Vaquero with the Lawrence 120 holster.
    Attachment 38745
    That Vaquero has seen some good honest wear and use-nice patina.

Best, Jon

Ive had a number of 4 5/8" guns, they carry very nicely. Ive literally forgot I had them on on many occasions after wearing them in the mountains or cutting firewood all day, in and out of the truck, sitting in chairs, whatever. I carried them mostly in threepersons type holsters, a Lawrence 120 I believe.

I had one 5 1/2" 44, I carried it some, but didnt warm up to it compared to the 4 5/8" guns. I had it cut to 4 5/8" and feel it was money well spent, otherwise it would have sat around unused for the most part.

A 45 Vaquero with the Lawrence 120 holster.
    Attachment 38745

@Malamute Is that a one piece grip on that Vaquero? How did you manage that?

Power Custom makes 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    @Malamute Is that a one piece grip on that Vaquero? How did you manage that?
    I think I had about 11 hours of welding, cutting, filing and shaping to get the grip frame to take one piece grips. I did two of them about 20 years ago.

I cant find the complete setup on the Power Custom site. Was curious what they charged for their setup.

I think I had about 11 hours of welding, cutting, filing and shaping to get the grip frame to take one piece grips. I did two of them about 20 years ago.

I cant find the complete setup on the Power Custom site. Was curious what they charged for their setup.
    I learned something new today. Thank you.

And by the way, best looking Vaquero I've ever seen.

User Tag List