Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Viking Tactical... worst sights ever?

I really really like trijicon hd sights. I personally feel that the vtac sight this thread is about was "made to sell". Huge fan of kyle lamb and have trained with him multiple times, and not trying to make a dig at all. It's just my opinion, for what you paid me for it.

*I can engage targets from 1 to 100 yards with my trijicons. I honest don't feel that I am likely to make hits beyond that, or even at 100, responsibly. Maybe in a warzone, yes. However, I am a civilian. The legal application is not 100 yards for a handgun. Not only that, but I am accountable for every bullet I launch. I do not honestly feel competent to launch bullets past 50 yards without missing, even under ideal square range situations. I feel these sights would offer the premise of a capability that I have no business pretending to have. Ymmv, and I am sure it does. This is just my take.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 05-01-2016 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Re. TruGlo--see posts #24 & #25 in this thread....
    I went back and looked at that.

Is everything the same as five years ago when those posts were made? Have the TruGlo sights come along at all? Has their customer service come along at all?

Five years is a long time in this industry. Anyway, like I wrote, I love the idea of their front sight without FO dots on the rear. I'm going to try this combo (using an AmeriGlo yellow tritium-only two dot rear) and see if it works.

Based on the manufacturer's literature, and posts here on PF, it sounds like the new TFX are really a different boat from the old TruGlo TFOs that had problems, and were specifically designed to address the often cited issues. That's not a ringing endorsement of them, but it's a reason to give these new sights a clean-slate judgement.
    Last edited by GRV; 05-01-2016 at 08:53 PM.

Unfortunately I don't have sufficient long term experience with a large enough sample size of TFX sights to comment on them as yet, but will attempt to collect that data.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    Thank you in advance Doc. I confess I am intrigued by Tru-Glos latest offerings but your insights ( and those of others) have kept me from pulling the trigger on a set.

Wow. Lotta dirt thrown at these sights. WhoÂ’s actually used them? Then whose used them for what theyÂ’re designed for?
    They’re designed for desert warfare. Areas so bright you’d never notice the nightsights because the damn fiber optics glow like they’re battery powered. Def no confusion as to what’s lining up where. Soon as that light is gone you only see the tritium and if set up correctly they are deadly accurate. No six dot confusion. No money scam. Truly serious sights for the circumstance. I might not like them in Seattle but they definitely do the job they were designed for. I back em 100% and I’m not getting them free. Nothing compares to the accuracy they give. Again given they are set up correctly. If you’re having issues with low or high shots. Turn the darn gun upside down and measure you have the same distance from the front sight to your table as you do at the rear. If not you have one sight that’s not the right size. All my handguns are tested this way on installation before I take one shot. N all my handguns test just fine upside down. Kyles an easy going guy but I hope the guy calling him a “crack smoker”never has those sights lined up on him by the designer.
    Lights out for sure. N yes IÂ’ve tried every other version of the fiber tritium combo. None with the accuracy obtained here. Waiting for somebody to make a nice battle sight combo for an AR platform using some of this tech. ThatÂ’s be worth the price you pay for backup sights.

Quote Originally Posted by SemperFi0317 View Post
    Wow. Lotta dirt thrown at these sights. WhoÂ’s actually used them? Then whose used them for what theyÂ’re designed for?
    They’re designed for desert warfare. Areas so bright you’d never notice the nightsights because the damn fiber optics glow like they’re battery powered. Def no confusion as to what’s lining up where. Soon as that light is gone you only see the tritium and if set up correctly they are deadly accurate. No six dot confusion. No money scam. Truly serious sights for the circumstance. I might not like them in Seattle but they definitely do the job they were designed for. I back em 100% and I’m not getting them free. Nothing compares to the accuracy they give. Again given they are set up correctly. If you’re having issues with low or high shots. Turn the darn gun upside down and measure you have the same distance from the front sight to your table as you do at the rear. If not you have one sight that’s not the right size. All my handguns are tested this way on installation before I take one shot. N all my handguns test just fine upside down. Kyles an easy going guy but I hope the guy calling him a “crack smoker”never has those sights lined up on him by the designer.
    Lights out for sure. N yes IÂ’ve tried every other version of the fiber tritium combo. None with the accuracy obtained here. Waiting for somebody to make a nice battle sight combo for an AR platform using some of this tech. ThatÂ’s be worth the price you pay for backup sights.
    Nothing like bumping a 2011 thread that has been dead since 2016 just to voice your angst.

And WTF is up with the hieroglyphics?
    Last edited by Casual Friday; 04-28-2018 at 09:57 PM.

User Tag List