Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Viking Tactical... worst sights ever?

In bright light, you'll only use the top fiber sights, not even noticing the tritium's. In the dark, you won't see the fiber, only the tritium's. Really only 3 dots to contend with.

Now why didn't they just use fiber with tritium powering one end so that you have less clutter? TruGlo's patent.

We are diminished
    I like the Viking Tactical front (in theory... again, I haven't shot a gun with it) much more than the TruGlo. But just like with the TruGlo, I cannot see using the rear sight.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I like the Viking Tactical front (in theory... again, I haven't shot a gun with it) much more than the TruGlo. But just like with the TruGlo, I cannot see using the rear sight.
    Why? I just picked up a truglo front to try on my M&P 9c. I've gotten used to fiber fronts on my competition guns, so thought I might like it. I'm curious what you don't like about them.

Site Supporter
    Regarding TFO:

They have a spotty record on durability
    The front sight is too wide
    You're not supposed to take out the FO tube (think replacement...).
    -If it gets banged up, you have to replace the whole sight.

JV hit the nail on the head. A whole bunch of folks here jumped on the TFO's around 2007-2008, I think most of them had broken and were off pistols by the start of 2010--most tellingly, TFO was NOT very helpful about the problems...

just think how cool it would be to add another 3 dots that you could make illuminate by holding a flashlight on them for 10 seconds.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    just think how cool it would be to add another 3 dots that you could make illuminate by holding a flashlight on them for 10 seconds.

9 dots? That would be good luck in Japan.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    9 dots? That would be good luck in Japan.
    Unfortunately, they could probably use some good luck about now.

I finally saw Kyle's sights on something other than the internet while out of town on business.

I am sold enough to get a set sent out. The design idea made sense to me from the start, but I was not sure I would like the practical reality. Often times, especially in something new we end up with the wrong execution of the right idea. This does not appear to be the case.

Certainly they will not be for everyone. But for an offensive pistol, it solves many shortfalls of the current sights available.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

User Tag List