Thread: M9A1 + TLR-1 Holster?

M9A1 + TLR-1 Holster?

Is the Safariland 6280 the only thing I'm going to find that's duty-grade and available for an M9A1 + Streamlight TLR-1? Would love to stick with an ALS-only holster for that weapon/light combination, but such a thing does not seem to exist.

Intended use is on the range for training and quals. I don't carry at work these days, but like to stay proficient with the old duty rig just because.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Is the Safariland 6280 the only thing I'm going to find that's duty-grade and available for an M9A1 + Streamlight TLR-1? Would love to stick with an ALS-only holster for that weapon/light combination, but such a thing does not seem to exist.

Intended use is on the range for training and quals. I don't carry at work these days, but like to stay proficient with the old duty rig just because.
    From what I can find on the Safariland site the 6280 might be the only option. I am with you about wanting an ALS for duty holsters.

I am surprised that Safariland seems to offer no ALS holsters for light bearing 92s.

In my opinion the 6280 is a poor choice for duty carry.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 04-28-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Safariland's dealer chart says a 6004/6005-73421 will fit a Vertec 92FS, 96 w/ M3, M6, M3 LED IT Tactical
    Illuminator Light, Streamlight TLR-1, TLR-2, or Insight
    XTI Procyon.

This isn't consistent with their find a holster option on the site, but pulling up the model 6005-73421 looks like it'd work.

My understanding is Vertec holsters are compatible with M9A1 and vice versa.

6004/6005 is basically a 6280 body on a drop setup... alternatively, one could say 6280 is a 6004 on a UBL. Thanks, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    6004/6005 is basically a 6280 body on a drop setup... alternatively, one could say 6280 is a 6004 on a UBL. Thanks, though.
    I see. Well, If you find something that fits the bill, please post it here! I'm in the market for something similar. Thanks!

User Tag List