Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Viking Tactical... worst sights ever?

Viking Tactical... worst sights ever?

What crack smoker came up with these sights?
    http://www.vikingtactics.com/viking-sight.html
    Seriously, could you make aiming a pistol more complicated?

I don't have a dog in the hunt here, but the crack smoker that's endorsing them is from a pretty elite Army unit and puts his name on some decent gear.
    I, for one, am going to reserve judgment til I can some rounds out the pipe with them.
    Just sayin...

I believe Kyle Lamb, former SFOD-D spec'd out these sights. While they may look unconventional, I'm not going to dismiss why someone with K_L's credentials designed them - suffice to say he has a lot more experience using firearms in combat than most people, and he apparently felt a need for this sighting system. So I'd personally let them shake out a bit with some shooters and hear opinions before commenting on a picture without any first-hand experience.

Site Supporter
    I prefer 2 dots over 3 dots ... I doubt I'll like 6 dots.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I'm not terribly fond of the idea of more stuff on my sights either, but like Jay said...given who they are coming from there might be some merit.

They look like 100% marketing to me.
    There is no way these sights will be faster to acquire or more precise than a set of straight eights or 3 dot.
    There's just too many visual distractions to sort through at speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I believe Kyle Lamb, former SFOD-D spec'd out these sights. While they may look unconventional, I'm not going to dismiss why someone with K_L's credentials designed them - suffice to say he has a lot more experience using firearms in combat than most people, and he apparently felt a need for this sighting system.
    And Paul Howe designed the CSAT notch over peep rear sight for AR's that doesn't work worth a crap.
    Vetted credentials doesn't mean you can design a unicorn that craps Skittles.

Jay, you're a better man than I am, there is a certain limit to which I am able to keep an open mind; these sights are way beyond that limit.

I think they may be useful if they doubled as suppressor sights...

Since no specs are listed, one can only speculate, but they don't look tall enough to clear a suppressor.

User Tag List