Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Viking Tactical... worst sights ever?

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Different hold points. Think of the variation between drive the dot, combat hold, and six o'clock. It "can" change the relationship between POA / POI.
    That was my guess, but is that really preferable?
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

If the elevation between the FO and tritium doesn't change from front sight to rear sight wouldn't it be the same....?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    If the elevation between the FO and tritium doesn't change from front sight to rear sight wouldn't it be the same....?
    Things I don't know and am curious about.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I didn't shoot it at night, but it did look like there was a slight difference between the FO and the tritium. Might be me, since I didn't actually get to test it.

I'm resurrecting this thread rather than start a new one. At first glance I found the VTAC's far too 'busy' for my eyes and dismissed them as not being useful for me. I noticed when checking out their site looking for a new sling they now offer the VTAC front with a black rear. This could make these interesting to me again.

Curious if anyone else has given them a fair shake, or seen the black rear/VTAC front in the wild?

Name:  VTAC-VSGL-FB-2.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  12.4 KB
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Nyeti"

That looks very intriguing. I could deal with those, especially with the well protected FO.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    That looks very intriguing. I could deal with those, especially with the well protected FO.
    That's what I thought. It made me wonder how these would perform in Mr. White's thread where he took pics in all the different lighting conditions.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Nyeti"

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    JodyH,

Although they may not work for every person's need, several very serious face shooters I know use the CSAT sights while safeguarding our Nation--since they definitely work for some professional end-users, it would not be fair to be dismissive of the design...

Likewise, unless a person has used the VTAC sights over several thousand training shots in a variety of environmental conditions and operational scenarios, I am not sure one can truly discuss the merits of the VTAC sights with any semblance of insight into the efficacy of the design. An acquaintance of mine who is a combat experienced veteran in the SOF community has publicly written the following about the VTAC pistol sights:
    Durability wasn't the issue for me. They were just distracting. I had an M&P VTAC and hated it... The sights, finish, trigger, ergonomics, everything. I had to make a choice between the two sets of sights every time.

I'm all for durable fiber optic sights combined with tritium like what's on the Sig TacOps or TruGlo. Bright in any light and high quality. I've had them on Glocks and my aging eyes love em.
    Last edited by iWander; 04-30-2016 at 10:01 PM.

I love the idea of the TruGlo style front sight (with the white ring) coupled with a muted tritium rear.

Re. TruGlo--see posts #24 & #25 in this thread....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List