Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aggressive or smooth grips?

Site Supporter
    I've got Spegel smooth Boot+ grips on most of my S&W revolvers. I've also got a couple of sets of them checkered, but they're on guns I rarely carry. I can't tell much difference when shooting, but then the checkering isn't that aggressive.

I don't think a long practice session with heavy loads and lots of draws would be much fun with aggressive checkering.

VZ is having 20% off right now.

I ordered the checkered ones. We'll see what I think.

In terms of lots of shooting I really like my tactical diamonds on my m19 even after a lot of heavy loads. Same with 1911s. The more agressive the better.

Glad I went with the checkered ones. Even shooting from concealment I didn't find them a hindrance and shooting heavy loads fast I really felt the checkering dig in and keep the gun on target.

To me it's a recoil issue. A moderate kicking gun like an M66 gets coarse grips. My woods carry guns all get coarse grips. My competition autos get coarse grips.

But a gun that kicks hard...and that gets a shot a lot... gets smooth grips.

Quote Originally Posted by CTX44 View Post
    To me it's a recoil issue. A moderate kicking gun like an M66 gets coarse grips. My woods carry guns all get coarse grips. My competition autos get coarse grips.

But a gun that kicks hard...and that gets a shot a lot... gets smooth grips.
    Not that I shoot a lot of heavy loads in my .45 Colts I'm happy to have smooth grips on them.

User Tag List