Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Charter Arms “Boomer”

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Stephanie's tale reminded me of my youthful enthusiasm for the Walther TPH 22 LR (an LEO only purchase if I remember correctly).
    Our gunsmith swore that stood for "Toilet Paper Handgun". (They're so cute that I can't help but want one, though...)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Kentucky State Police used to issue the stainless Walther .380 as a BUG. They were stamped with the KSP badge but were otherwise stock. I *think* the Beretta 92 stainless was the issued Duty gun at the time, and the Walther was selected due to the similarity of operation for the safety and DA/SA trigger.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Kentucky State Police used to issue the stainless Walther .380 as a BUG. They were stamped with the KSP badge but were otherwise stock. I *think* the Beretta 92 stainless was the issued Duty gun at the time, and the Walther was selected due to the similarity of operation for the safety and DA/SA trigger.
    My memory is that the PPK was issued because of the similarity of operation to the Smith 10mm guns they used, but I've slept and moved to an entirely different state since then.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    My memory is that the PPK was issued because of the similarity of operation to the Smith 10mm guns they used, but I've slept and moved to an entirely different state since then.
    You could very well be correct. I certainly wouldn't attest to it under oath.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Going entirely from things I believe I recall reading years ago, I believe this to be correct. I also recall that they switched from the PPK to a Glock 27 for backup, and liked it enough that they switched to a Glock 22 as their primary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Our gunsmith swore that stood for "Toilet Paper Handgun". (They're so cute that I can't help but want one, though...)
    I remember the TPH as the gun that was mentioned all the time in 80s gun rags, but was pretty much never spotted in the wild, at least by me.

I'd be pretty hard to explain to some 20-something now why we were so entralled by it back then.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter

Charter Arms “Boomer”

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    I remember the TPH as the gun that was mentioned all the time in 80s gun rags, but was pretty much never spotted in the wild, at least by me.

I'd be pretty hard to explain to some 20-something now why we were so entralled by it back then.
    The .22 pocket semiauto offerings available then, as well as when I was able to start carrying, are why I bought a North American Arms mini-revolver instead. Some of the semiautos were huge for what they were, and some others had reliability or safety concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 06-06-2019 at 11:11 PM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Dad had a .22 TPH (as well as both blued and stainless Interarms imported .380 PPKs) during the 80’s but he sold them when he hit hard times during the 90’s. I wish had bought them from him at the time (if only so I could give them back to him).

User Tag List