Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Charter Arms “Boomer”

Honestly I'd just as soon as they save the money on porting the barrel and put some sights on it. Most .44 Special loads are low pressure so I doubt the porting does little for recoil control anyway. Just marketing to people who want something that looks cool and bad.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    The next time Charter Arms goes out of business, will someone please remember to put a stake through their heart?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I know I'm not the only one old enough to remember when these were custom made by Mag-na-port.

Name:  4897322_02_magnaport_charter_arms_backpac_640.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  95.8 KB
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Short barrel (irrelevant to most concealed carry methods) . . . check.

Huge grips (counterproductive to most concealed carry applications) . . . check.

Marginally popular caliber . . . check.

No front sight (not even a pathetically configured, light reflecting, snag-free ramp) . . . check.

What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    The next time Charter Arms goes out of business, will someone please remember to put a stake through their heart?
    And fill the coffin with garlic before you lower it into the ground.

Site Supporter
    Lower priced options do serve an important purpose. Just get someone who has actually spent some time carrying and shooting guns to design them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Somehow I avoided seeing a Charter in the flesh until recently at a rrange/shop I was at with my parents, doing some shooting.

I told the guy behind the counter this fact and he said "Wow, it's like seeing a cockroach for the first time."

Guy was a fuckin' poet.
    Last edited by Baldanders; 05-24-2019 at 09:16 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

And the above opinion is courtesy of the infamous "Ghetto Gun Guy" of P-F. The three examples were rough.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Well, I did see a Charter Arms 38 make it through a Claude Werner class successfully, IIRC. Not that I'm a supporter of them. Just saying. It was new.

I recall that the Son of Sam was a Charter 44 Bulldog user. A victim survived and was trying to get a permit a few years ago to get over her fear of guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    The Millennial comes in "faux" texturing/coloring to give it that late 90s feel.

The GenX is matte black, of course, in 10mm, but it will be chambered in .44-40 if 10mm becomes too popular.

Both come with a certificate to tell you how much of the purchase price was used to subsidize the purchase of a Baby Boomer by some other individual.
    I resemble that remark and somewhere in the safe is a Ruger "Buckeye" Blackhawk in 10mm and .38-40 Win. I have only shot it with the .38-40 cylinder and learned what a PITA reloading that round is.

User Tag List