Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: P320 X Five Legion on PreSale

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife has been shooting a pair of 320 X5 pistols and really liking them. We got her a pair of the new 320 Legions. She really likes them but has been having sporadic stoppages with both of them, using 115 ball PMC and AE which runs fine in her other X5 pistols.

After a fair amount of trouble shooting, switching slides and recoil springs, the trouble seems to be with the Legion lowers. I have no idea what is going on, but a difference is the Tungsten in the Legion lowers which may change the characteristics of the polymer lowers.
    Well, that's a bummer. I haven't had a chance to try the heavy gripframe yet, but was going to try to Pro-Deal one to swap onto one of my 320s.

It isn't surprising that adding powdered W would significantly change the material properties of nylon. So that's a reasonable explanation, unless there's some mechanical interference with the slide somewhere.

I avoid 115 gr 9mm for multiple reasons, but a Production gun should be able to shoot any bullet weight reliably.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 07-29-2019 at 11:44 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    LGS had a Legion on shelf for $919. Guy at counter had no idea about the tungsten and other goodies. Just another black (grey) pistol to him! I resisted and walked out - I was picking up powder.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    LGS had a Legion on shelf for $919. Guy at counter had no idea about the tungsten and other goodies. Just another black (grey) pistol to him! I resisted and walked out - I was picking up powder.
    Bought the tungsten grip for my new standard X5. It's 41.9 ounces without the magwell. Took about 200 Rounds to break in.

Site Supporter
    I wonder about buying the tungsten lower and a used 320 full size and building the total pistol. Would this be cheaper than the Legion? Lots of traffic on BE about the Legion barrel design fogging up DPPs.

Site Supporter
    Now PSA has the 320 Legion on their daily special - $899.99 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I wonder about buying the tungsten lower and a used 320 full size and building the total pistol. Would this be cheaper than the Legion? Lots of traffic on BE about the Legion barrel design fogging up DPPs.
    I acquired the regular P 320 X5 just a few weeks before announced so acquired a tungsten grip and shot 200 rounds last weekend.

The first 100, the pistol was cycling EXTREMELY slowly. Ka....chunk, Ka....chunk. I could watch it cycle. At one point it failed to go completely into battery and sprayed me with exhaust and oil (I had oiled it heavily like I used to do my 1911 as part of breaking it in).

But after that the cycling speeded up to normal and it was firing just fine. It was as accurate as the original X5. The recoil was good. It was heavy. Somewhat difficult to shoot weak hand with my tennis elbow. Fit of the grip to the rest of the pistol was excellent, and no issue.

My wife loves the tungsten frame Legion, and has been shooting them going on a year. She just discovered that her main training Legion developed a crack in the frame. Best estimate is 25,000 rounds. We spent 40 minutes on hold for Sig CS this afternoon, and never got thru. On the bright side, she broke four C-More RTS2 optics on that pistol, so the tungsten frame has been more reliable than the optics.

Name:  B905EAF0-FE38-4D6A-89EA-91C59E29054A.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  39.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If it helps every companies customer service I’ve dealt with the last few weeks has been very difficult to get in touch with.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I have a friend who works at Sig, their office has need hit by Covid pretty hard so I’m not surprised.

GJM was this the same pistol that broke the takedown lever recently?

User Tag List