Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: P320 X Five Legion on PreSale

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife has been shooting a pair of 320 X5 pistols and really liking them. We got her a pair of the new 320 Legions. She really likes them but has been having sporadic stoppages with both of them, using 115 ball PMC and AE which runs fine in her other X5 pistols.

After a fair amount of trouble shooting, switching slides and recoil springs, the trouble seems to be with the Legion lowers. I have no idea what is going on, but a difference is the Tungsten in the Legion lowers which may change the characteristics of the polymer lowers.
    That sucks. Are you going to try heavier bullets?
    Last edited by cornstalker; 07-18-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Anybody have any more info about the tungsten infusion dealie with the new frame? Does it have Tungsten inserts hidden here and there in pockets of the polymer (like a tungsten skeleton), or has tungsten powder (is that even a thing?) infused into the polymer at a raw material level, before molding? I'm certainly interested in feeling how the gun balances with the new frame.

I'd also be surprised if these frames ever become avail. separately. Sig's whole Legion marketing scheme is exclusivity. If you want the Legion, but the whole legion. Might soften up the "regular" X-5 market though, as the real gamers make the switch.
    It's tungsten powder mixed into the plastic.

On another board it was said the heavy module would be available separately, but not in the gray.

Site Supporter
    Tungsten grip module now available from SIG Store

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-..._source=Eloqua

Last edited by backtrail540; 07-19-2019 at 08:51 AM.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

My wife has been shooting a pair of 320 X5 pistols and really liking them. We got her a pair of the new 320 Legions. She really likes them but has been having sporadic stoppages with both of them, using 115 ball PMC and AE which runs fine in her other X5 pistols.

After a fair amount of trouble shooting, switching slides and recoil springs, the trouble seems to be with the Legion lowers. I have no idea what is going on, but a difference is the Tungsten in the Legion lowers which may change the characteristics of the polymer lowers.
    Interesting... I wonder if the tungsten makes the plastic frame less flexible, leading to stoppages similar to those attributed to WMLs in certain plastic pistols

This is not the first time that Sig changed the weight/composition of the frame and encountered problems. Admittedly, with the stainless frames, it was longevity issues, not feeding issues.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Interesting... I wonder if the tungsten makes the plastic frame less flexible, leading to stoppages similar to those attributed to WMLs in certain plastic pistols
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    This is not the first time that Sig changed the weight/composition of the frame and encountered problems. Admittedly, with the stainless frames, it was longevity issues, not feeding issues.
    It is probably premature to say whether it is the tungsten change now, but it will probably become clear as more shooters get them and accumulate high round counts.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns...ng-/14-189808/

Discussion on recoil springs here. I haven't had issues with my non Legion X5 + RDS and even a 15# recoil spring (no issue all the way down to even 10# spring). I should be taking out my new Legion X5 out early next week and plan to test it out with various loads and the included 12# spring.

Not really crazy over the new LCI barrel hood cut and the Legion barrel doesnt seem to have as much pre-tensioning as my other non Legion X5.

GJM any update on this?

Quote Originally Posted by bwswanson View Post
    GJM any update on this?
    She has been shooting a pair of 320 X5 pistols in matches while she sorts it out. Still TBD.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List