Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New truck payment

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I could drive a truck like that in Mexico. You could get the parents in the back seat and all the kids in the bed, maybe a few relatives too.

I'll be looking for something like that when we sell our trailer. You can buy 250 with the same WB as a 150 I think. Currently a LTZ Duramax owner. Pulls like a freight train but so far it's cost me the price of a new small tractor to maintain. I think I'm done with GM.
    Diesel maintenance is getting insane.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Had a 2500 Duramax for a few years. Fun, powerful truck. Maintenance costs sent it down the road, as I really don’t need that much truck.

Site Supporter
    I miss my 2015 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4 - we still own it but my wife took it over...….

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Diesel maintenance is getting insane.
    F250/350/F450 Powerstroke 450hp/935tq
    F450 Chassis/F550 Powerstroke 330/750
    F650/F750 Powerstroke 270/675
    Ram 2500/3500 Cummins 370/850
    Ram 4500/5500 Cummins 325/750
    Cummins B6.7 found in class 6-7 commercial trucks start at 200/520
    GM 2500/3500 Duramax 445/910

The much loved 7.3 Powerstroke and 5.9 Cummins get held on a pedestal but they were 200's to low 300's HP and 500 to mid 600's on torque. Used as a car, the newer hopped up light duty diesels have a pretty good life, 200k miles without too many problems, as far as truck engines go they have an abysmal life span. The smallest trucks with the least demands get the most power and the shortest life. Built in obsolescence on the big boy toys.

There's also the emissions equipment to deal with on newer trucks. That's a headache all on it's own.
    Last edited by txdpd; 05-22-2019 at 06:21 PM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar

Cool

If anyone cares, this is my daily driver. Basic work truck with chrome package (gotta look professional if I'm selling customers 300-600k homes). I myself don't need a 3/4 ton or diesel, since my work is now 2/3 office & sales, and 1/3 actual carpentry.

This was also an "oops" moment where I misjudged exactly how solid that berm may or may not be.

Name:  IMG_0570.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  61.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Had a 2500 Duramax for a few years. Fun, powerful truck. Maintenance costs sent it down the road, as I really don’t need that much truck.
    I wish I had know back in 07 what I know now. I've spent 14K on that truck since I bought it and it has about 135K on the odo. I was on my way to AZ with a trailer a few years ago it puked on me in a mountain pass. 6K and 6 days later I was back on the road. Got home and bam, another 5K repair.

There is no way in hell I'm buying another diesel pickup. The bright side is there will somebody that will pay top dollar for (it's in nice shape for an 07) because the new ones are stupid expensive. New LTZ runs about 50K plus now with NASA exhaust system.

I'm still hauling a trailer with it but damn I feel like a test pilot.

Last edited by Borderland; 05-22-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I wish I had know back in 07 what I know now. I've spent 14K on that truck since I bought it and it has about 135K on the odo. I was on my way to AZ with a trailer a few years ago it puked on me in a mountain pass. 6K and 6 days later I was back on the road. Got home and bam, another 5K repair.

There is no way in hell I'm buying another diesel pickup. The bright side is there will somebody that will pay top dollar for (it's in nice shape for an 07) because the new ones are stupid expensive. New LTZ runs about 50K plus now with NASA exhaust system.

I'm still hauling a trailer with it but damn I feel like a test pilot.

My friends that love diesel trucks are all diesel techs [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2011 F250 with the 6.2L gas motor just turned over 110,000 miles. Great trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    My friends that love diesel trucks are all diesel techs [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can understand that.

How much weight do you need to tow?

Even my "man-minivan“ 2013 F-150 Ecoboost can tow a 6500lb trailer without much fanfare. Not much engine braking though.

My issue is that I have a tiny payload since the Lariat is heavy with options. No way I could pull the 9500lb limit trailer unless it was 10% tongue and I was by myself.

The newer aluminum-body trucks have much better payload. As a daily driver it's a great truck and some guys have gone over 200k miles without issues.

User Tag List