Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Air Force issue breakdown AR for pilots

New Air Force issue breakdown AR for pilots

#RESIST

Looks SAFE Act compliant.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Not sure but I believe Ruger made their piston gun as a takedown to try to for this contract.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Where is it stowed? (picturing it getting sucked out when the cockpit blows)

Not quite the range they are used to and more manual targeting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Where is it stowed? (picturing it getting sucked out when the cockpit blows)

Not quite the range they are used to and more manual targeting.
    Under the seat. That’s where the stowed / broken down size requirements came from.

This was made public a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Under the seat. That’s where the stowed / broken down size requirements came from.

This was made public a few months ago.
    Correct - the swept wing guys wanted something cooler than an M9...uh I mean they wanted to increase lethality and survivability for downed pilots, so a 10.5 inch full takedown AR was born. The reason it does all the things it does is because it has to fit in a storage compartment under an ejection seat along with all of the other survival goodies that wingers get.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Correct - the swept wing guys wanted something cooler than an M9...uh I mean they wanted to increase lethality and survivability for downed pilots, so a 10.5 inch full takedown AR was born. The reason it does all the things it does is because it has to fit in a storage compartment under an ejection seat along with all of the other survival goodies that wingers get.
    How about the ass and trash haulers who have to shuffle to the door to get out?
    Will they be getting these in the seat kits also?

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    How about the ass and trash haulers who have to shuffle to the door to get out?
    Will they be getting these in the seat kits also?
    Nope. No ejecto-seato, no cool rifle.

I guess that splitting the upper and lower receivers like a grunt is just too much work for a zoomie.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I guess that splitting the upper and lower receivers like a grunt is just too much work for a zoomie.

Okie John
    No, it's because just separating the upper and lower wouldn't make it fucking fit in the little ass ejection seat box.

User Tag List