Thread: American Sig P210: new variant

Site Supporter

American Sig P210: new variant

They ditched the gigantic target grips, adjustable sights and front serrations. With all the 9mm 1911 talk, lately... this presents an interesting alternative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb1mPAEKYW8

They call it the P210 "Standard." They're already cropping up on GB in the $1200 range. What little I've heard about the American P210s is pretty good. Yeah, there's gonna be MIM in it, etc. But there's MIM in most 1911s in this price range. And... I can't say I really care, if it shoots awesome and it's reliable.
    Last edited by MattyD380; 05-22-2019 at 12:36 AM.

Three guys at my club, who shoot primarily bullseye, are extremely happy with their P210 target pistols. Actually more so than with their high end 1911s.
    Real guns have hammers.

Site Supporter
    I'd prefer blued carbon steel over the coated stainless, but still the pistol looks a lot better with standard stocks instead of the big obnoxious target stocks.

The P210 has always intrigued me though I've never owned one.

I just got one of these pistols. I've always wanted a P-210 but could never justify the price. Now I can and I paid very close to $1000.00 not 1200.00. Trigger is excellent and I like it better than my Angus Hobdell converted to SAO CZ 75. I just got back from shooting both side by side and shooting off hand the SIG is noticeably more accurate or at the very least easier to shoot more accurately. Yes, an 8 round mag but the mags are reasonably priced at close to $40.00 each. Right now I'm tuning my reloads to wring as much accuracy as it is capable of doing [which I think is considerable].
    My local club shoots 2 gun matches every month and this past Saturday we had bonus shots at 100 yards and shots at this range are not unusual. I wasn't using the SIG since I only have 2 mags but as soon as I get more I will be using it despite it's limited capacity.

I examined one of these a couple of weeks ago. That one featured the target grips and adjustable sights. I loved everything about it. I was glad I don't shoot bullseye anymore.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I just got one of these pistols. I've always wanted a P-210 but could never justify the price. Now I can and I paid very close to $1000.00 not 1200.00. Trigger is excellent and I like it better than my Angus Hobdell converted to SAO CZ 75. I just got back from shooting both side by side and shooting off hand the SIG is noticeably more accurate or at the very least easier to shoot more accurately. Yes, an 8 round mag but the mags are reasonably priced at close to $40.00 each. Right now I'm tuning my reloads to wring as much accuracy as it is capable of doing [which I think is considerable].
    My local club shoots 2 gun matches every month and this past Saturday we had bonus shots at 100 yards and shots at this range are not unusual. I wasn't using the SIG since I only have 2 mags but as soon as I get more I will be using it despite it's limited capacity.
    Nice. Good context. Most of what I’ve heard seems to echo this experience—they shoot very well. Despite scattered instances of questionable QC in Exeter... haven’t heard anything bad about these.

I just bought an EMP, so it’ll be a while for me... but I’d consider getting one of these, for sure.

With the FN High Power out of production, this is suddenly a viable 9mm single-action contender. If the build quality and materials are up to snuff, the asking price at Bud's of $1099 really isn't inordinate. I aesthetically prefer the rear slide/grasping groove profile of the later SIG Neuhausen P210s, but this humped configuration is probably slightly more ergonomic.

Despite nagging questions of SIG QC and component quality, I'm interested. And with SIG, it's probably better to buy sooner than later, as they've shown a tendency to degrade/cheapen component quality over time since 2005.

Michael Zeleney (our resident P210 expert), what are your thoughts?

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 05-22-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Damn it! I start work at a Sig direct dealer on the 3rd... Gonna have to talk to the buyer [emoji3525]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    With the FN High Power out of production, this is suddenly a viable 9mm single-action contender. If the build quality and materials are up to snuff, the asking price at Bud's of $1099 really isn't inordinate. I aesthetically prefer the rear slide/grasping groove profile of the later SIG Neuhausen P210s, but this humped configuration is probably slightly more ergonomic.

Despite nagging questions of SIG QC and component quality, I'm interested. And with SIG, it's probably better to buy sooner than later, as they've shown a tendency to degrade/cheapen component quality over time since 2005.

Michael Zeleney (our resident P210 expert), what are your thoughts?

Best, Jon
    These days one can never be sure when it comes to QC anywhere. But my example seems G2G, I've never cycled a slide this smooth. Really, like two panes of glass and the checkering on the front strap seems well done to me. The grips are well shaped and checkered wood but I've ordered some stick on rubber grip tape. Now if VZ would do some grips with the golf ball treatment...

User Tag List