Thread: M&P22 Compact ammo choices

M&P22 Compact ammo choices

For those of you with M&P22 Compacts, what ammo works well in yours?

I shot mine for the first time today, and I used some Federal bulk pack. The results have to be described as a pattern rather than a group. This was both with and without the suppressor.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I pretty much stick to MiniMags, but I don’t suppress.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

8-9k shot 100% suppressed through mine.

Mostly federal 36gr but it’s eaten everything I’ve fed it.

I did recently break the thumb safety and it has a roll pin that walks out every 100 rounds or so.

It’s headed back to smith to get those issue corrected but has been nearly flawless since new

Site Supporter
    Mostly mini mags and automatch through mine. Just wish I could find a decent holster for it.

CCI SV works well, and is my go to for .22 these days. I use a Dead Air Mask HD on mine. Currently have about 5000 rounds on it and has yet to be cleaned. It just runs, as I haven't found anything that it doesn't like. With the barrel fixed to the frame, there is some discrepancy between where the sights actually align if going for precision. The rear sight blade and spring have worked loose on occasion, and the safety broke once around 2000 rounds or so. I have run Fed bulk, Rem Thunderbolts, Blazer, Stingers, Fed Match, MiniMags. Dawson does make several options that look appealing, and would help fix the moving blade issue. I do wish they had a Tritium option, as shooting pins at night is good fun. That is an ongoing problem that seems to be fixed with some thread tape on the tiny screw. Placing a witness mark in silver sharpie across the blade helps indicate windage movement. Not sure of the long term durability, compared to an all steel Ruger MKII, but it is certainly a fun little gun. I traded some 5.56 brass to the local gun shop for mine, so considering what I have in it, I have been happy with it.

It is my Racoon dispatch gun. Obligatory pic with 2/3 recovered petals from CCI segmented HP sub sonic.

Name:  20190520_211337.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  41.7 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Just wish I could find a decent holster for it.
    One option

https://miholsterco.com/quick-ship-stealth/
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Mini mags and the red and yellow box Aguila “super extra” have worked well for me.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-21-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Hey Chief, check this out (Minimags is the answer):

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post880496
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I've been having a bunch of failures to fire with a good strike on Federal blue box bulk pack in multiple guns. Will always fire if turned and restruck, and I've tried a few and had luck with just restriking them in the same place. No issues with either gun lighting CCI or Geco.

I had 7 out of 20 of the powdercoated CCI keyhole at 7 yards from the P250. Haven't put it in a Buck Mark yet, but I've had good accuracy with other loads from the Sig.

Mini Mags seem to be reasonably good in just about everything.

There are some deals to be had on the Geco stuff right now, but the lube is really greasy. I pull the rack out of the box and put it on the bench nose up, and wipe the excess lube off the noses with a paper towel.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

My full size M&P22 loves CCI SV and Norma Tac (which is greasy as hell but shoots well).
    #RESIST

User Tag List