Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something I don’t see every day

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Something I don’t see every day

Kynoch .577/450

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I would love to see the double that it loads into.

And drawn brass, too.

I haven't seen a double in .577-.450 and don't even recall a picture. Even John Taylor's .577-.450 was a Martini and he was a staunch double rifle shooter. Standard in the caliber was .450 BPE then .450 Nitro. Until banned in some colonies for fear the Wogs would steal sporting ammunition and use the components to reload for stolen Martinis. Sounds kind of far fetched to me, but that is where the .465, .470, .475, and .476 came from.
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 11-03-2019 at 10:47 AM.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

hip·ster round1
    /ˈhipstər/ /round/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun INFORMAL
    noun: hipster round; plural noun: hipster rounds

a gun/cartridge combination following the latest retro trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being waaaay TF outside the cultural mainstream. You probably haven’t heard of this round.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I saw one at the range once. Martini-Henry single shot with BP. It was way cool.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    See, this friend of mine lost her her husband to the Big C some years ago. He and his father were serious rifle collectors (five full-sized safes' worth).

The guns have been sold, so has a lot of accouterments, including a lot of reloading gear.

The ammo wasn't. So weren't the components. 23 500-count boxes of hard-cast .45 bullets. And, what I'm cheering about, is about three cases worth of milspec Asian .45 ACP. I'ma going to be shooting single-stack major for awhile...
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    And, what I'm cheering about, is about three cases worth of milspec Asian .45 ACP. I'ma going to be shooting single-stack major for awhile...
    https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search...norinco%201911

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I saw one at the range once. Martini-Henry single shot with BP. It was way cool.
    "Don't forget your bando, you doughty Welshman!"

(Looked, couldn't find that scene on YouTube...)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    See, this friend of mine lost her her husband to the Big C some years ago. He and his father were serious rifle collectors (five full-sized safes' worth).

The guns have been sold, so has a lot of accouterments, including a lot of reloading gear.

The ammo wasn't. So weren't the components. 23 500-count boxes of hard-cast .45 bullets. And, what I'm cheering about, is about three cases worth of milspec Asian .45 ACP. I'ma going to be shooting single-stack major for awhile...
    The cast bullets call to me. 4.5 of Bullseye works...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I have fired a full box of those in the past. They work a treat out of a Martini Mk II. You can see them in flight, too!

Later in time, there was a 100 yd stake-busting competition; Fred with his Martini shooting Kynoch vs. me with my 1879 Rolling block musket in 11.15mm Spanish Reformado. (new cartridges, Old Western Scrounger loaded on new Starline Brass.)

I still owe Fred a steak dinner, but will have to buy it for him on the Other Side.

That round is cool, Stephanie, and it brings back memories of some fun times.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 11-11-2019 at 02:11 PM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List