Thread: Beretta 92X Extreme-S Trigger?

Question Beretta 92X Extreme-S Trigger?

Do we know just what this trigger is?

Could it be the base of an even more excellent @LandonTactical LTT trigger?
    Last edited by BobRockefeller; 05-21-2019 at 08:31 AM.
    Bob
    9MM: 92 Elite LTT, CenTac
    .45 ACP: Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Colt
    Confederate Civil War reproductions: 1863 Richmond rifle, Spiller and Burr revolver

I can’t comment on the 92X trigger other than to assume it’s adjustable for pre/overtravel.

That said one of my LTTs does a 6.6lb DA/2.9 SA with a 13lb spring. The others are 7.2/3.2 with minimal excess travel so.... improvement in that area is unlikely imo.

I was told there are internal changes …

"The new Extreme-S trigger mechanism keeps the striker automatic safety latch active ensuring the safety of the pistol in case it falls but decreases trigger reset by up to 40%. With the Extreme-S the 92X Performance has an “out of the box” weight of 1.5 kg (3.3 #) in single action and 3 kg (6.6 #) in double action."

This video shows the short reset (starting at 1:50).

Ernest comments on the 92X trigger in this podcast (starting at 36:30). He says "It has a crazy short reset - very similar to something I am coming up with."

At the end of the podcast he teases that he's working on part he guarantees every 92 owner is going to want!
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I don’t even want this but at $1200 I’ll buy one

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I don’t even want this but at $1200 I’ll buy one
    Yeah, I find myself in the same camp. Frame mounted safety Berettas are rare ducks, and I'd just like to try the concept.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I'm told street price will will $1,000-$1050. And dammit if that's the case, "Utah get me two!"

@e_stern

very interested in this Xtreme-S trigger from Beretta. hoping you could share some info with us about it.

is this trigger in the 92x models (full size, centurion, etc) or only in the performance model?
    does it do something similar to the aftermarket trigger bars that move the DA break farther back thus allowing a lighter hammer spring?

I recently purchased a 92x centurion. amazing pistol. total home run. the DA does feel lighter and appear to break a little farther back than a typical 92 although it could be my imagination. the reset does not appear any shorter so I'm assuming it does not have this Xtreme-S trigger?

thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Squib308 View Post
    @e_stern

very interested in this Xtreme-S trigger from Beretta. hoping you could share some info with us about it.

is this trigger in the 92x models (full size, centurion, etc) or only in the performance model?
    does it do something similar to the aftermarket trigger bars that move the DA break farther back thus allowing a lighter hammer spring?

I recently purchased a 92x centurion. amazing pistol. total home run. the DA does feel lighter and appear to break a little farther back than a typical 92 although it could be my imagination. the reset does not appear any shorter so I'm assuming it does not have this Xtreme-S trigger?

thank you sir!
    So I don't have my hands on one of these new trigger kits from Beretta just yet. I am sure we will pick some up. I do know the trigger itself is shaped differently than the standard 92 trigger and has serrations down the front. Something I have never liked on a DA trigger gun. I know that the early Extream X trigger bars that I tried were cast, and the DA started to not feel right pretty quickly. These may be better, but they still look cast from the photos I have seen.

Finally, there does not any adjustment in over travel on these kits, the 92X Performance has set screws in the frame that let the user adjust over travel and pre-travel if you were going to run the gun in single action only. But the kit is just a drop in with no overtravel reduction.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Thank you very much for the information, that is very good to know.

User Tag List