Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

Damn... I am extremely interested in this one. A standard capacity 12 rnd with 15 on the way AND with a smaller grip and a 3.7in barrel (tac version or aftermarket threaded taking it out beyond 4in). For us smaller handed folk this appears the long awaited dream come true.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Just handled a P365 for the first time tonight. Grip is too small for my paws. Which sucks, because I really like the overall compactness of it.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Just handled a P365 for the first time tonight. Grip is too small for my paws. Which sucks, because I really like the overall compactness of it.
    Same here. I’ve put a few hundred rounds through one and it’s just too small for my XL hands. I will say it shoots well above it’s size. That’s pretty much what drove me to get a Walther PPSM2 for a smaller pistol. I found the G43 both too small and too obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Am I the only one left scratching my head with Sig’s choice to attach the rear sight to the RDS plate?
    I saw an FN this weekend that was the same way. Maybe the 509? I thought it was an odd choice as well.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I saw an FN this weekend that was the same way. Maybe the 509? I thought it was an odd choice as well.
    With the 509 tactical there is a protective cover plate with ears that wrap around the rear sight but the rear is dovetailed from what i recall.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    It’s on my list to shoot a rental one of these. I have M hands.

I handled it back to back at the LGS this past weekend w a G48, which was like a skinny G19 (duh). I was thinking why not just carry my G19.

But yeah very interested to shoot one.

I got rid of my PPS M2 partly due to having a couple inadvertent mag releases when holstered due to me being a lefty. This was an awkward discovery to say the least.

Does anyone know of any similar lefty issues with the P365?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RJ; 05-30-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    I saw 15-round mags coming for the p365, do we think they are meant for the XL?
    Yes. Yes, they are.

I don't know if they're releasing a 15 round mag for the standard P-365 or not, but if they do, I'm getting a couple.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Yes. Yes, they are.

I don't know if they're releasing a 15 round mag for the standard P-365 or not, but if they do, I'm getting a couple.
    Yes, the 15 round mag works with the standard model. Seems they include two base plates, one for the XL and one for the standard.

Unfortunately, the back of the 15 round mag doesn’t include a grip extension—thus the 12 round mag probably produces a better grip for many people than the 15 round mag.

Name:  3B964D1D-DFCE-439E-9F25-97C6F8B67DDE.jpg
Views: 1818
Size:  23.1 KB
    Name:  CA8F66B0-C040-4BC5-9FAF-8DA1F6F49091.jpeg
Views: 2084
Size:  88.8 KB

I wonder if they designed the 15 round mag as such to allow it for usage in a full-sized G19 sized pistol. If they could manufacture a full sized duty gun all the way down to the micro compact 9 that run the same mag body they would really have something that no one else does. It was my hope when they started producing the P365 that they would do so, I am still keeping my fingers crossed. The simplicity of logistics that would bring to the table would be off the chain. One mag to rule them all so to speak.
    Last edited by Mike C; 05-30-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    Yes, the 15 round mag works with the standard model. Seems they include two base plates, one for the XL and one for the standard.
    I came back to say I just checked the Osage link and saw this

Unfortunately, the back of the 15 round mag doesn’t include a grip extension—thus the 12 round mag probably produces a better grip for many people than the 15 round mag.
    That suckatoonies. However, me being a clever lad, I'm certain that we here at Wolf Hollow Research can come up with a solution
    Last edited by MistWolf; 05-30-2019 at 10:29 AM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List