Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post

ETA: I noticed you said "rear sight and plate" not integrated rear sight. Maybe the answer is to buy a 365 XL and add the red dot as a follow on purchase.
    That is eventually my plan, buy a spare XL and a RDS to give the dot a chance while keeping my iron sight gun for carry. If I like the RDS I’ll add one to my carry gun, if not I’ll sell the RDS and still have the factory XRay irons that I like to put back on the spare.

Found a Romeo Zero at Proven Outfitters for $169. Have it inbound for evaluation. I plan on also buying the Holosun 407k when it comes available to compare. Proven Outfitters shows the 3moa dot in stock.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Question on my new P365XL with 140 rounds.

During Dry Practice today, I started to notice an odd "hitch" in the trigger right before the start of the break. When I looked closely, it turned out the slide, all of it, was moving "back" very slightly. In fact, when I looked even closer, it was actually both the slide AND the FCU moving. I could visibly see the rear lower of the FCU under the slide moving. Now, it was not moving much, maybe 0.020" or so, but it was perceptible and repeatable. Did the same thing with an unloaded mag.

Looked at it again today. Did a field strip and examined the FCU / frame interface.

It’s pretty clear that the FCU, even secured by the pin at the rear, is able to move slightly within the frame. Whether the frame opening is too large, or the FCU is too small, I don’t know. It could also be due to stacking tolerances on both.

I’m planning to evaluate this at my next live fire session. Depending on how that goes, I may call Sig CS and discuss it with them.

I fired a brand new one yesterday and the trigger was horrible. It's owner thought there was something wrong with it and asked me to look at it.

We fired it about 200 rounds and the trigger was improving....but had a long way to go.

Interestingly enough, I was putting up less than 2 inch groups at 25 yards with PPU Range line 115 grain. The first 10 were a tad low nicely grouped in the 8 ring of a B8. I split the bull with the front sight and the next 10 were right where I wanted them.

With a better trigger, I dare to believe I could put up a one inch group with the thing. But the trigger as is was about the worst P365/XL/320 trigger I've ever seen.

Tight shooter though.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    I fired a brand new one yesterday and the trigger was horrible. It's owner thought there was something wrong with it and asked me to look at it.

We fired it about 200 rounds and the trigger was improving....but had a long way to go.

Interestingly enough, I was putting up less than 2 inch groups at 25 yards with PPU Range line 115 grain. The first 10 were a tad low nicely grouped in the 8 ring of a B8. I split the bull with the front sight and the next 10 were right where I wanted them.

With a better trigger, I dare to believe I could put up a one inch group with the thing. But the trigger as is was about the worst P365/XL/320 trigger I've ever seen.

Tight shooter though.

Regards.
    Regarding the trigger: I recently purchased and installed an MCarbo spring kit in my P365XL. It substantially improved the trigger.

https://www.mcarbo.com/store/Product...x?ProductID=37. The kit contains a striker spring, striker block spring, and sear spring.

Before I receive the lecture about changing springs in a self defense gun . . . . I plan to use this pistol as a test platform for a mini red dot optic (Holosun 407K) to evaluate the possibility of using one on a carry gun. It will be used on the range only until fully vetted.

And one final comment about the P365XL: My NIB pistol arrived with a "dead" tritium insert in the front sight.

Name:  IMG_0820.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  11.9 KB

I called Sig CS and described my issue. They asked me to send the slide to them so they could replace the front sight. I countered with an offer of providing them with a photo of the dead front sight in exchange for them sending me a new front sight for me to install myself.

They agreed, and shortly after proving them with an Iphone photo via email, they sent me a notice advising the sight was being shipped to my home address.

Now, let's see if the Holosun 407K is REALLY going to begin shipping from Kenzie's Optics in early July!

I rented the P365XL last night. I felt like it shot really well overall, but after working with double stack Glocks- it seemed tiny. I don’t believe I will invest in but it is a pretty nice single stack alternative. Should conceal reasonably easy.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

I bought a 365XL last month as a replacement for the 43X, which I shot poorly and experienced some reliability issues with.

Initial reliability has been good, with the caveat that I've also only got limited testing. But, it does feed my 147gr reloads as well as 147gr HSTs -- something my 43X failed to do over time. It shoots quite well and I find it easier to control than the 43X, and I much prefer the trigger. The Romeo Zero has not spontaneously combusted thus far. I think the design needs work -- brightness adjustment is poorly thought out and the windage/elevation needs clicks rather than guess work -- but the dot quality and brightness are both good and the MOTAC/shake awake/whatever works. I have a 407K on preorder and will replace the Zero once that arrives, but for a $180 optic... I'm pleasantly surprised so far. Eventually this will likely end up on my training gun.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Regarding the trigger: I recently purchased and installed an MCarbo spring kit in my P365XL. It substantially improved the trigger.

https://www.mcarbo.com/store/Product...x?ProductID=37. The kit contains a striker spring, striker block spring, and sear spring.

Before I receive the lecture about changing springs in a self defense gun . . . . I plan to use this pistol as a test platform for a mini red dot optic (Holosun 407K) to evaluate the possibility of using one on a carry gun. It will be used on the range only until fully vetted.

And one final comment about the P365XL: My NIB pistol arrived with a "dead" tritium insert in the front sight.

Name:  IMG_0820.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  11.9 KB

I called Sig CS and described my issue. They asked me to send the slide to them so they could replace the front sight. I countered with an offer of providing them with a photo of the dead front sight in exchange for them sending me a new front sight for me to install myself.

They agreed, and shortly after proving them with an Iphone photo via email, they sent me a notice advising the sight was being shipped to my home address.

Now, let's see if the Holosun 407K is REALLY going to begin shipping from Kenzie's Optics in early July!
    When I bought my P365 in 2018, I was told there was a "small lot" of XRay sights with dead front sights. Four for four of the people I knew who bought pistols in the same time range all had dead fronts. I guess that "small lot" of dead sights is still floating around Exeter...

My LGS finally had one in stock and I snatched it. The trigger out of the box was pretty gritty. I put 300 rounds through it today with zero issues. My sig 365 made me think I was going to drift away from Glocks and this gun just confirmed it. I can shoot a faster bill drill with this little gun than a full size Glock and I'm able to track the sights better. I really see no need for a Glock 19 anymore for my needs.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List