Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Rich, here are the 12-rounders that come with both baseplates. Just put the flat ones on (or maybe the flat ones are on to begin with) and you’re good to go. $39.95

https://osagecountyguns.com/sig-sauer-mag-365-9-12.html
    Thanks a bunch, just ordered three P365/P365XL 12 rounders at the sale price $39.95 with free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17I View Post
    I swapped to the XL frame for awhile as well and decided I was losing some of the flexibility of the pistol in its flush 10rd or pinky extension 10 rd configurations. Only thing I gained from the XL frame was slightly easier reloads not having to contend with the magazine making contact with heel of my palm.

For me, the ability to use any of the mag configs (10 flush, 10 pinky extension, 12 extended, 15 extended) without swapping the grip module and using just one fcu (cost, consistency) outweighed the small benefit when performing a reload I have a small chance of needing to do.

I have the XL pistol itself with longer slide and find it to be a great shooter. I just prefer being able to simply use a different magazine depending on what I need with the base 365. 10 round flush for pocket carry and at work carry when printing poses a serious problem. 10 round pinky if wearing tighter shirt or if I’ll be more active, 12 round for all other scenarios. 15 round for a spare reload and general range use.

Using the longer slide on the shorter mags made the pistol feel off balance and I did not gain any, in my opinion, significant improvements in speed or accuracy.
    What pocket holster do you use?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    Didi a little work with the soldering iron tonight

Attachment 54462

Attachment 54463

Attachment 54464
    How do you like the vanguard with it?

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    How do you like the vanguard with it?
    For around the house carry, I like it a lot. I pretty much forget that I even have it on. When I go out in public, I do switch to a JM Custom Kydex holster.

When I first got the Vanguard, the fit was very tight and I really had to pull hard to get it to disengage. I sanded down the trigger guard a little to get it to where I like it (with Dremel tool) and now it is perfect.

Mike
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

What pocket holster do you use?
    Desantis Nemesis https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig-s...ster-p365.html

Attachment 54714

Attachment 54718

Attachment 54719

In the pants I wear to work. Honestly, I prefer AIWB over pocket carry even though it’s slightly less comfortable. I think it prints less. Hard part is the clip showing. Pics here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post977895

I'm interesting in an option to use my carry P365XL for USPSA Production. Anyone have any idea why the XL is not on the Production Gun List, but the smaller P365 is? That just seems really weird to me.

https://uspsa.org/productionlist

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-05-27 08-17-30.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  39.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I'm interesting in an option to use my carry P365XL for USPSA Production. Anyone have any idea why the XL is not on the Production Gun List, but the smaller P365 is? That just seems really weird to me.

It’s still a fairly new gun, and despite SIG most likely shipping more than 2,000 units (500 now after recent rule changes), it might just be one of those guns that wasn’t hot to bust out into Production and they simply haven’t gotten around to adding it to the list yet. I’d contact them and ask when they plan on adding it to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I’d contact them and ask when they plan on adding it to the list.
    Copy. Good idea. I was just curious if anyone here knew.

I just sent a message off using the "contact me" form available on my USPSA account. Will post back on any info they might send me.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

My guess, and that’s all that it is, is that it’s production numbers and availability. None of my lgs have it in stock and have had em on order for months. One is even a sig dealer.

My guess, and that’s all that it is, is that it’s production numbers and availability. None of my lgs have it in stock and have had em on order for months. One is even a sig dealer.
    Could be...but: the production serial number on Shootin' Partner's P365 is 436xxx, with a born on date of May 2019. Which I interpret to mean that FCU on that gun is the 436th thousand FCU number issued by Sig. My P365XL, born on March 2020, has a production serial number on the FCU of 768xxx, or the 768,000 th FCU they have issued. Which is a lot of FCUs, if my assumption that Sig uses sequential serial numbering for FCUs, is correct...

User Tag List