Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Maybe it will push Glock to offer the same
    fwiw, Shield Arms is designing 15rd mags for the G48/43X that are reliable..
    http://soldiersystems.net/2019/03/04...3x48-magazine/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Based on prior experience with metal mags in Glocks I’ll believe it when I see it.

Factory cut for an RDS with a new micro RDS designed for thin slides. Hmmmm. I think I’m more interested in the r
    RDS.

Looks like it's a competitor against a shield 4" optic version too. Still don't trust a p365 and sig even less.

I carried a 43X, made out of my 43 frame and 48 slide, pretty much ever since 48 came out, and last week returned them back to original configurations. The extra length and extra weight of longer slide pretty much negated what 43 was meant to be. I think that 365XL users will find something similar, given the niche that 365 occupies.
    Add that the optic cut is for optic unknown and optic very little user info is out about, and 320SC being just a tad wider but otherwise identical, and you get a gun that creates more questions than answers.

I just spent 90 minutes of my life watching a terrible show in Vegas, so maybe that's why I am so negative.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Am I the only one left scratching my head with Sig’s choice to attach the rear sight to the RDS plate? I’m not totally up to speed on RDS usage, but isn’t having sights to co-witness or even as a backup a good idea? Not to mention if one just wanted to swap out iron sights overall this practice seems to make that a complete PITA.

I’m glad to see some more innovation from Sig, I’m just not sure how well they’re executing their ideas anymore.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I carried a 43X, made out of my 43 frame and 48 slide, pretty much ever since 48 came out, and last week returned them back to original configurations. The extra length and extra weight of longer slide pretty much negated what 43 was meant to be. I think that 365XL users will find something similar, given the niche that 365 occupies.
    Add that the optic cut is for optic unknown and optic very little user info is out about, and 320SC being just a tad wider but otherwise identical, and you get a gun that creates more questions than answers.

I just spent 90 minutes of my life watching a terrible show in Vegas, so maybe that's why I am so negative.
    Isn't the 320SC discontinued?

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Am I the only one left scratching my head with Sig’s choice to attach the rear sight to the RDS plate? I’m not totally up to speed on RDS usage, but isn’t having sights to co-witness or even as a backup a good idea? Not to mention if one just wanted to swap out iron sights overall this practice seems to make that a complete PITA.

I’m glad to see some more innovation from Sig, I’m just not sure how well they’re executing their ideas anymore.
    It looks like the RomeoZero has an integrated rear sight.
    Name:  sig-p365-xl-sell-sheet-683x1024.jpg
Views: 1852
Size:  33.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I suspect that it is to increase the real estate they have to play with. If the iron sights are milled in, you’re stuck with the space between them and the ejection port. By combining the two, you can tweak things easier such as adding a rear sight to the RMR itself.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    I’ve seen it but so far it is vaporwear. I would prefer a factory solution. These days my guns are stock minus gadget and sights. Well, technically you can’t really count the sights because they’re a factory option. I like factory stuff and in general the reliability that comes with not monkeying with stuff.
    Last edited by Mike C; 05-21-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Hate to double post but wanted to speak to you @YVK. I pretty much live between a G48 and my G43 these days. I've been trying to wear nicer fitting clothes/adult clothes and in doing so found that I have a proclivity for custom shirts, the G19 or anything of the like is just too thick to wear in conjunction with some of the other items I carry IWB with nice fitting clothes. Personally I'd rather downsize my gun a little than drop the first aid stuff. I can see SigOphiles living between a P365XL and P365 just as I am with the G48/43 but with more capacity which is nice. Personally I won't trade capacity for reliability but to each their own. Hopefully the guns will run well enough to everyones satisfaction and Sig will do the right thing with their mags and they will be compatible between the two guns. I agree with you about the size of the 43X kind of gets away from the sweet spot that the G43 is designed for but I very much like the G48 for that in between 19/43. I wasn't 100% at first about it but it works as my daily driver and the G43 handles just about everything else. If anything I'm loving all the options that are on the market even if they don't exactly all strike my fancy.

It's cool if you're grumpy I'd be pissed too if just wasted 90 minutes of my life watching something stupid in Vegas. I would have rather been enjoying good food, drinking bourbon or a kick ass Bordeaux instead of watching garbage.
    Last edited by Mike C; 05-21-2019 at 02:10 PM.

User Tag List