Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

does the 365 module work with the xl slide?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    does the 365 module work with the xl slide?
    Yes. See post #61

Those that own them what are your thoughts after owning for awhile? Idk if the silence in this thread is good or bad.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Those that own them what are your thoughts after owning for awhile? Idk if the silence in this thread is good or bad.
    I've had an XL for about 4 months/2,500 rounds. Zero problems, zilch. I've carried it easily as I normally carry a G19. I've shot 6-7 IDPA matches with it and can now achieve +90% of what I do with a G19. So far, so good.

It’s become my go to 99% of the time, I can shoot it at 25 as well or better than anything I have shot before, still want to try a RDS on it.

Anyone actually replaced their g19 or equivalent pistol with one?

No for me. I actually sold mine and chose to stay with Glock 48, that did replace a G19 for almost everything. I found that both concealed the same for me but I couldn't get close enough to a larger gun performance with the SIG.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

What sights are you all running on your XL?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    Anyone actually replaced their g19 or equivalent pistol with one?

I have replaced a G19-size (M&PC 2.0 or CZ PO1) and a J frame with one.

For the past few years I have gotten lazier and have defaulted to a 642 in a DSG clip on. It fit my lifestyle, concealed under just about everything I owned and didn’t always need a gun belt (Nice in the summer with board shorts and flip flops). If for some reason I felt the need to “gun up” I’d put a real belt on and a G19 sized gun.

Since I have gotten the XL I have carried it almost exclusively. I have a DSG clip on for it and it does almost as well as the J beltless. It conceals just a tad worse than the J and noticeably better than a G19. The stack and a half grip fits my hand like a glove. Stepping up from the J I’m going from 5 to 13 rounds, stepping down from a G19 to a XL I’m only giving up 3 rounds.

For me the XL has been a Goldilocks pistol, I have some long term Sig concerns but so far this thing has been exceptional. Not that I would ever do it willingly but I could sell almost all of my other “carry” guns and just have a XL and not feel like I was giving anything up outside of very niche situations (pocket carry).

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    I have replaced a G19-size (M&PC 2.0 or CZ PO1) and a J frame with one.

For the past few years I have gotten lazier and have defaulted to a 642 in a DSG clip on. It fit my lifestyle, concealed under just about everything I owned and didn’t always need a gun belt (Nice in the summer with board shorts and flip flops). If for some reason I felt the need to “gun up” I’d put a real belt on and a G19 sized gun.

Since I have gotten the XL I have carried it almost exclusively. I have a DSG clip on for it and it does almost as well as the J beltless. It conceals just a tad worse than the J and noticeably better than a G19. The stack and a half grip fits my hand like a glove. Stepping up from the J I’m going from 5 to 13 rounds, stepping down from a G19 to a XL I’m only giving up 3 rounds.

For me the XL has been a Goldilocks pistol, I have some long term Sig concerns but so far this thing has been exceptional. Not that I would ever do it willingly but I could sell almost all of my other “carry” guns and just have a XL and not feel like I was giving anything up outside of very niche situations (pocket carry).
    Agreed, only for me it's the original 365 from a standard M&P, Kahr PM9 or a P320. Having carried the original sized 365 for well over a year, and shot an XL several times, I'd feel completely comfortable carrying a 365XL in a duty holster on duty. It handles like a much larger gun.

User Tag List