Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Please save me doing my own research: is rear sight a part of a RDS cut cover panel? I printed a few inches to the right at 25 yards and I wonder if rear sight can be drifted for the windage.
    Looks like it is part of the plate to me. Prolly have to drift the front.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 08-21-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    Possibly? The same piece of plastic falling out has been reported on Sigtalk by others who have removed the P365XL striker. My guess is that it is a remnant of the molding process.
    Out of morbid curiosity, I had to take my striker out and see if the chunk of plastic fell out. It sure enough did, but I removed the striker plate very slowly and watched like a hawk. To me, it looked like it came out of the hole machined in the slide that aligns with the release button on the striker plate. If that is the case it would be 100% captive until disassembled. My gunsmith got an XL also, so I asked him to take his apart and watch very closely to see if the plastic falls out of the striker channel or the striker plate release relief hole. If he ever gets around to it I will report his findings.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 08-21-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Two data points: First, like my 365, I installed a Lightning Strike striker in my XL, and, like my 365, it smoothed out and improved the trigger feel. Second, that little plastic bit fell out of the slide when I did the striker swap in the XL. No change in function.

I’m not crazy about stories of ‘little plastic bits’ falling out a
    striker channel.

Is there any answer for what this is or where it’s coming from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    striker channel.

Yes THIS ^^^
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    striker channel.

I will take a "Thank you for voiding your warranty. Love, SIG" indicator for $100, Alex.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I will take a "Thank you for voiding your warranty. Love, SIG" indicator for $100, Alex.
    Ah so.

Thanks.

50 rounds at 7 yards tonight. 115 AE

Name:  IMG_2204.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  16.4 KB

I think that little piece of plastic that fell out must have been generating a harmonic that was opening up my groups. It seems to have tightened up a little bit since I removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    I have put 300 rounds through my P365XL and no malfunctions of any kind. Ammo has been 147gr HST and Winchester RA9T, 147gr FMJ flat point, and 124gr round nose. It was super easy to mount my Shield RMSc and it co-witnessed nicely with the rear, built-in notch. I used the 12 round and 15 round magazines and everything operated as it should. Definitely use a Mag-lula to save your thumbs. I plan to shoot the P365XL in a local match in to weeks. I am very pleased so far.

The holster is a FIST ultra-thin kydex with a strategic application of my heat gun. The holster was very easy to remold and I now have a sweat guard for the optic.
    I read where a guy mounted an RMSc on his P365XL and had about a .060" gap between the optic and the cut. It allowed the sight to move around so he has attempted to shim it with some kind of waterproof tape. Did you notice excessive gap on yours?
    Last edited by cornstalker; 08-25-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I read where a guy mounted an RMSc on his P365XL and had about a .060" gap between the optic and the cut. It allowed the sight to move around so he has attempted to shim it with some kind of waterproof tape. Did you notice excessive gap on yours?
    I just checked, not even a sliver of a gap. My RMSc locked down tight to the frame and has not loosened after 450 rounds. Maybe he had some out of tolerance issues on his slide?

User Tag List