Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

Called Sig. They said they have seen the issue before with brand new mags, but it will work out in just a couple of cycles. I asked them to swap it for a 12 round mag and they agreed, and picked up the tab on freight.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I loaded the magazine with 15 dummy rounds and let it sit for a week. When I unloaded it the follower stuck in the slot cut for the magazine catch. I pushed on it to free it and the follower flew up and jammed in the feed lips. I tossed it aside and didn't touch it for a couple of days, but tried it again last night. I loaded it with enough rounds for the follower to go below the mag catch cut. Once again, when unloading the follower stuck in the notch.
    I always disassemble and deburr new magazines before bothering to put them into trial service. It would surprise me if your issue wasn't just a little burr on the edge of the mag body that could be addressed in a minute or two with the right simple tools.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    As a measure of extra ‘insurance’ I swapped out the OEM strikers in both my P365 and P365XL with the Lightning Strike steel striker. A small bit of plastic came out of the striker channel of my P365XL and it is depicted below. My P365XL was subsequently fired approx. 350 rounds without any issues whatsoever. Also depicted in the pic is the OEM P365XL striker.Name:  7C3D3F55-F937-47D2-9A10-F0B71E054631.jpg
Views: 1638
Size:  45.2 KB

@CarlK, part of FP channel liner?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @CarlK, part of FP channel liner?
    Possibly? The same piece of plastic falling out has been reported on Sigtalk by others who have removed the P365XL striker. My guess is that it is a remnant of the molding process.

Site Supporter
    I played with the XL yesterday, didn't shoot it, just handled it. The undercut and grip felt wrong to me. Not sure why, probably just my hand size/grip. The 365 felt okay(I almost bought it).
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    As a measure of extra ‘insurance’ I swapped out the OEM strikers in both my P365 and P365XL with the Lightning Strike steel striker. A small bit of plastic came out of the striker channel of my P365XL and it is depicted below.
    Curious if the lightning strike striker drags more on the primer compared to the new ramped tip Sig striker on the XL.

As for that piece of plastic, it looks like the same material used for the striker cups.

Put 55 rounds through a rental XL yesterday in a side by side comparison with my Shield and now I have myself a bit of a conundrum. I wanted to like the XL as a possible replacement for the Shield (12rds vs 9) but I didn't want to like it because SIG ethics and I've already got the Shield. In the end I like it but there's finally a double stack 9mm that feels too small in my hands. Felt like I was holding a broom handle and with the flush 12rd mag the grip is about 1/8" too short or so. I suppose more familiarity with it, one of those slip on grip maker bigger things and extended baseplates would do the trick.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Put 55 rounds through a rental XL yesterday in a side by side comparison with my Shield and now I have myself a bit of a conundrum. I wanted to like the XL as a possible replacement for the Shield (12rds vs 9) but I didn't want to like it because SIG ethics and I've already got the Shield. In the end I like it but there's finally a double stack 9mm that feels too small in my hands. Felt like I was holding a broom handle and with the flush 12rd mag the grip is about 1/8" too short or so. I suppose more familiarity with it, one of those slip on grip maker bigger things and extended baseplates would do the trick.
    The rubber Talon Grip helps tremendously.Name:  B635CC62-0EAA-48F2-9F23-3CB73FE9AFE3.jpg
Views: 1433
Size:  100.6 KB

I traded by G43, that has been collecting dust since I got the G48, for a 365XL yesterday, and had a quick fam-fire session today. Shot a 48 too as a benchmark. Couldn't shoot the 365XL as well as G48 but was surprised how small the performance gap was. I dunno how I am gonna run it without SCD but I did order a JM.

Please save me doing my own research: is rear sight a part of a RDS cut cover panel? I printed a few inches to the right at 25 yards and I wonder if rear sight can be drifted for the windage.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List