Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Question on my new P365XL with 140 rounds.

During Dry Practice today, I started to notice an odd "hitch" in the trigger right before the start of the break. When I looked closely, it turned out the slide, all of it, was moving "back" very slightly. In fact, when I looked even closer, it was actually both the slide AND the FCU moving. I could visibly see the rear lower of the FCU under the slide moving. Now, it was not moving much, maybe 0.020" or so, but it was perceptible and repeatable. Did the same thing with an unloaded mag.

I field stripped it, and, using just hand pressure, I verified it is actually the FCU moving slightly forward and back in the grip, which is causing the issue. Anyone see anything remotely like this with an XL?

By comparison, I did the same Dry Press on Shootin' Partner's P365 (call it 300 rounds through), and did not notice the same movement. The FCU in the P365 did jump slightly in the frame at the break, but there's nothing like the observable movement like in my P365XL. So I'm wondering it if just a case of stacking tolerances in the two components resulting in a little slop.

Not really going to go all OCD on this, it may be just a symptom of the "FCU-inserts-into-the-frame" that these Lego guns use. I will look into this more next time I do some live fire; obviously pressing the trigger to the break with a chambered round to see if the slide moves isn't something I'm going to do at home.
    The slide moving during dry fire trigger pulls is normal across the board with any of the FCU based models. 320, 365 and variants. With a mag inserted it usually goes away or is less pronounced.

Quote Originally Posted by seamastersw View Post
    My P365xl chassis moves inside the frame during trigger press too. I called sig and they requested I send them videos of the movement which I did. Then they told me it was normal. Once again, I'm under impressed in Sig QC.
    If all 320’s and 365’s do it to some degree, is it really a QC issue?

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Im curious about a couple of things. What size hands are you guys?
    I find the 320sc to small for my hands and they dont offer grip modules in sizes for the sc.
    I assume the same is true for the XL.
    Also does anyone have experience with the shield 2.0 vs the XL?
    The XL is by far a better grip design than the sc module. Much more room for proper hand placement with no sacrifice of concealment (arguably even more concealed).

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17I View Post
    The XL is by far a better grip design than the sc module. Much more room for proper hand placement with no sacrifice of concealment (arguably even more concealed).
    Are the FCU’s the same from 320 to 365?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Are the FCU’s the same from 320 to 365?
    If you mean in design, they are not the same but have many similarities and the concept is largely the same. The 365 FCU has to move things around to fit into the tiny form factor (trigger spring horizontal, one trigger pin instead of 2, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17I View Post
    If you mean in design, they are not the same but have many similarities and the concept is largely the same. The 365 FCU has to move things around to fit into the tiny form factor (trigger spring horizontal, one trigger pin instead of 2, etc)
    Sorry I wasnt clear. Will the 320 fcu fit in a 365.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Sorry I wasnt clear. Will the 320 fcu fit in a 365.
    Gotcha.

Negative. Too big.

Im curious about a couple of things. What size hands are you guys?
    Medium. The XL fits me perfectly (meaning: Bottom of grip and bottom of my strong hand are at the same height. The grip circumference is such that I can sink my trigger finger if I need to.)

The P365XL literally is like a pistol that was tailor made to my hand like no other pistol I've ever shot. The only possible exception was the VP9SK rental, that I put five rounds in a quarter size group at 5 yards in the first magazine. Now *that* dang thing was an excellent fit (and oddly more so than my VP9, which I had at the time, IIRC.)

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks a bunch, just ordered three P365/P365XL 12 rounders at the sale price $39.95 with free shipping.
    The three new Sig 12 round magazines arrived today from Osage County Guns. Can confirm they came configured for the P365XL (short floor plate). In the box for each was a P365 floorplate and adapter sleeve, meaning these could also be configured for the P365.

Both fall short and are very uninspiring.

User Tag List