Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

Quote Originally Posted by RND View Post
    Both fall short and are very uninspiring.
    Compared to?

I tend to think that the G48 was Glock's answer to the P365...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal320 View Post
    I tend to think that the G48 was Glock's answer to the P365...
    The 43x was Glocks answer to the P365.

The 48 and the 365XL are comparable in size but the 48 was released prior to the 365XL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Compared to?
    ...compared to all of the market hype from both companies and the folks that bought into said hype.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Question on my new P365XL with 140 rounds.

During Dry Practice today...

( snip )

Not really going to go all OCD on this, it may be just a symptom of the "FCU-inserts-into-the-frame" that these Lego guns use. I will look into this more next time I do some live fire; obviously pressing the trigger to the break with a chambered round to see if the slide moves isn't something I'm going to do at home.
    Out of morbid curiosity, I put a couple snap caps in one of the new magazines for the P365XL and did a quick test of the FCU "movement" with a inert round. Same thing happened; the FCU+slide moves just slightly enough to be noticed just before the break.

It's not something I noticed in live fire, nor would I suspect I would shooting at speed in a match, so I will for now chalk it up to an interesting phenomenon involving the particulars of the Sig FCU design and this specific FCU/Grip part. I liken this to the odd hitches that happened sometimes with my Glocks when doing Dry Presses very slowly. You can feel all sorts of things pressing the trigger slowly that you don't perceive as noticeable shooting.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone tried the 365XL with an optic yet? If so, which optic are you using and how well does the point of aim match the point of impact if you are using the front sight on the pistol and the backup iron sight on the optic?

Did I miss a thread somewhere? I just noticed that the Sig website has a version of the 365 XL shipping with the Romeo One sight already installed.
    Real guns have hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    Did I miss a thread somewhere? I just noticed that the Sig website has a version of the 365 XL shipping with the Romeo One sight already installed.
    I don’t think there was a thread but I think you meant Romeo0.

I handled one at the LGS and was close to pulling the trigger on it but after a little more thought decided to pass. My main concern was from what I have found the factory RDS guns do not come with the rear sight and plate. If I wasn’t sold on the RDS I’d have to try and find the rear sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    I don’t think there was a thread but I think you meant Romeo0.

I handled one at the LGS and was close to pulling the trigger on it but after a little more thought decided to pass. My main concern was from what I have found the factory RDS guns do not come with the rear sight and plate. If I wasn’t sold on the RDS I’d have to try and find the rear sights.
    Yeah, sorry. I meant the Romeo Zero. The gun seems to have an integrated rear sight.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-xl-romeozero.html

Nice package.

ETA: I noticed you said "rear sight and plate" not integrated rear sight. Maybe the answer is to buy a 365 XL and add the red dot as a follow on purchase.
    Real guns have hammers.

I have seen a couple of the P365XL pistols with the Sig Romeo 0 optic already mounted for sale on GunBroker. Saw them as recently as within the last month, and don't know if they are still there now.

I ordered and paid for a Shield RMSc optic from Glockstore.com on April 13. They were running a $50 discount on the optic at the time. The optic is still backordered.

Have a P365XL pistol inbound via a Gunbroker.com auction, and a couple of additional magazines (12 round) from Osage County Guns.

Looking forward to trying it out, especially when the optic arrives and I get it installed.

Time to look at holsters from Tony.

User Tag List