Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    Derail on this thread, largely since I haven't seen a lot of 320 threads on here, and there's a lot of Sig hate (understandably so). Regardless, I finally caved the other day while shopping for something completely different. Working on getting to the point I can offer at least basic courses in my area, and am assimilating a few extra guns to let people shoot. Bought an M&P compact the other day, and was looking for something else specifically for me but the last store in town had a P320 compact that called my name, so I bought it. I've got so many more rounds on a hammer fired gun than anything else that pretty much any striker fired trigger feels like completely garbage. The S&W isn't horrid, but the P320 feels like pure trash. Is this just a Sig thing or do I just need to shoot it more? It's got maybe 100 rounds through it now, and it's better-ish.
    I would say this is just normal striker trigger issues. They seem to vary from gun to gun. When I was all in on the P320 (I have gone DA/SA since) I had a full szie Tac -Ops 9mm, Compact 9mm, Sub Compact 9mm, X-Carry, X-Carry Pro and M17 (still have this one). The X-Carry pro had the best out of the box trigger. Smooth take up and crisp break with good reset. The full size Tac-Ops was pretty good, but after about 1000 rounds it was nice. The others (minus the M17) were ok and took about 500 rounds to settle in. Now, the M17 out of the bix was horrible. Gritty take up and a crunch for a break. I still have it, but never really gets fired. I know it would get better with use, but I am just not going to put many rounds through it.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    I would say this is just normal striker trigger issues. They seem to vary from gun to gun. When I was all in on the P320 (I have gone DA/SA since) I had a full szie Tac -Ops 9mm, Compact 9mm, Sub Compact 9mm, X-Carry, X-Carry Pro and M17 (still have this one). The X-Carry pro had the best out of the box trigger. Smooth take up and crisp break with good reset. The full size Tac-Ops was pretty good, but after about 1000 rounds it was nice. The others (minus the M17) were ok and took about 500 rounds to settle in. Now, the M17 out of the bix was horrible. Gritty take up and a crunch for a break. I still have it, but never really gets fired. I know it would get better with use, but I am just not going to put many rounds through it.
    I have four P320 (2 X-five and 2 X-carry) and two P365 pistols, and none had anywhere near the same trigger pull, until I installed Grayguns action kits. I recently set up a DPP on a friend‘s new M18, and that had the best P320 series trigger I’ve ever sampled, right out of the box.

It’s the literal luck of the draw, as all are parts bin assemblies.

On the other hand my three HK VP9’s need to be marked in the mag wells so I can tell which is which (by weird coincidence, the last three digits of all three have the same numbers- 1, 3, and 7, in the SN, just shifted around, and it gets confusing which is which at times ).

Not all striker guns suffer from this phenomenon.

Both our P365s (Shootin' Partners 2019 build P365, my 2020 build P365XL) have decent to good triggers. The press is absent any crunchiness or hitches, reset is tactile and audible. The only issue I've had in dry work is an odd movement of the FCU within the frame (maybe 0.100") on the P365XL. I would put both Sig triggers on par with the motion/feel of a Glock 19/43X with Overwatch Precision DAT triggers, and about the same as my VP9. It's a striker fire handgun; there's only so much "feel" you can perceive.

Shooting, no perceived issues; I have a lot more to worry about getting two Alpha's on the move than trigger feel.

Site Supporter
    My P365 is the original model, not the larger one. The trigger is good, and contributed to some good accuracy the first day I shot it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    Hence why I had to ask. I've got more trigger time on a 92 with Langdon trigger than anything else. I couldn't tell you the last time I spent much time with a striker fired pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    Hence why I had to ask. I've got more trigger time on a 92 with Langdon trigger than anything else. I couldn't tell you the last time I spent much time with a striker fired pistol.
    I am right there with you. My CZ P07 and P09 has been my main focus for over a year now. My mian EDC is still striker though, M&P Shield 9, but DA/SA is my main focus these days.

Anyone have any info on the replacement interval on the Recoil Spring Assembly on the P365XL?

Pleasantly surprised

I have pretty much converted my EDC to 2 P365's, one standard, and one 365XL with red dot. On occasion, I have to wear a suit or be in a car for long periods of time. I wanted a shoulder holster option to carry one of the 365s. I recently purchased the Desantis "CEO" for the 365. On the package it stated it was suitable for the standard and the XL. I proceeded to check for fitment and thought it appeared that the top was cut enough to accommodate a red dot pistol. Sure enough, the 365XL with Romeo fits nicely. So now I can continue to carry the standard 365 on my ankle and I can carry the XL with Romeo Zero in appendix (preferred) strong side hip, or in a shoulder holster. Just wanted to pass on the info.

Name:  6C707D83-36BC-4FBF-B1E6-D28617D8DA8D_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  99.1 KB
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Chugging along with mine. Another 70 rounds today, mix of HST 147 and AE 115. Total of 240 so far, no issues in three range sessions. I focused mainly on trigger control, since I recently got fitted for contact lenses, and I wore them today (could not see the front sight for nothing lol).

Last drill of The Test (10 rounds x 10 seconds x 10 yards) got me an 88-0X, not bad for me.

Name:  IMG_7449.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  29.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Anyone have any info on the replacement interval on the Recoil Spring Assembly on the P365XL?
    Bueller? Bueller?

Absent any input, I'll use 2,500 for the P365 and 5,000 for the P365XL.

User Tag List