Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Bueller? Bueller?

Absent any input, I'll use 2,500 for the P365 and 5,000 for the P365XL.
    The owners manual is the same for both and it says 2,500: https://www.sigsauer.com/wp-content/...1-REV05-LR.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    The owners manual is the same for both and it says 2,500: https://www.sigsauer.com/wp-content/...1-REV05-LR.pdf
    Thanks, good to know. I had missed that, argh.

That online version REV05 has it listed, and I confirmed It's also in REV 00 of the paper manual that came with Shootin' Partner's March '19 born on P365, and the REV 04 that is in my March '20 P365XL.

Cross posted from my Training Log: My P365XL is now up to 490 rounds, zero issues. My Vedder LightTuck IWB holster arrived today. I like it.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1096870

Name:  IMG_7475.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  59.5 KB

Cross posted from my Training Log: My P365XL is now up to 490 rounds, zero issues. My Vedder LightTuck IWB holster arrived today. I like it.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1096870

Name:  IMG_7475.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  59.5 KB

It looks like Vedder may have improved their cut in the trigger guard area. Both of them I had would interfere with my master grip due to interference with my middle finger.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    It looks like Vedder may have improved their cut in the trigger guard area. Both of them I had would interfere with my master grip due to interference with my middle finger.
    Good to know.

I have another holster option coming, hopefully soon. It's an IWB 3 from JM CK, wide set with PTD loops. I'll be able to compare the two in that area. The JM CK IWB 3 works well, and was my go to for the Glock 19 and Glock 43X, but I wanted to have a clip as well;. I heard some positive things about the Vedder LightTuck, and ordered one to try out.

The Vedder rode a bit high so last night I moved the clip up one set of holes so it would sit down a bit at my waistline. Not sure whether that's going to work. It is harder to achieve a master grip being lower (duh lol).

For sure I like how Vedder used a slim oblong dual-steel female threaded retention lug on the inside of the holster, to retain the two clip screws. Having this lug instead of two non-captive interior nuts, made the clip adjustment very very much easier. I've never discovered a good way to both hold those nuts, as well as the holster, and my electric screwdriver at the same time. I wish this was more common.

Good to know.

I have another holster option coming, hopefully soon. It's an IWB 3 from JM CK, wide set with PTD loops. I'll be able to compare the two in that area. The JM CK IWB 3 works well, and was my go to for the Glock 19 and Glock 43X, but I wanted to have a clip as well;. I heard some positive things about the Vedder LightTuck, and ordered one to try out.

The Vedder rode a bit high so last night I moved the clip up one set of holes so it would sit down a bit at my waistline. Not sure whether that's going to work. It is harder to achieve a master grip being lower (duh lol).

For sure I like how Vedder used a slim oblong dual-steel female threaded retention lug on the inside of the holster, to retain the two clip screws. Having this lug instead of two non-captive interior nuts, made the clip adjustment very very much easier. I've never discovered a good way to both hold those nuts, as well as the holster, and my electric screwdriver at the same time. I wish this was more common.
    In my experience, JM is on a whole different level of quality and fitment compared to Vedder. I am curious to hear what you think.

In my experience, JM is on a whole different level of quality and fitment compared to Vedder. I am curious to hear what you think.
    That's not what I'm seeing. I have been storing the XL in the JM CK IWB 3 I still had from my departed 43X while I've been waiting for these holsters to arrive. So I had both of them out last night. There is no difference I could discern in retention, fitment around the gun, smoothness of edge finishing, hardware selection, and the kydex material itself, between the two examples I have. I'd be hard pressed to tell them apart, if they weren't for different guns.

Obviously this is not in use; my impressions may change over time/experience. I plan to carry with both and choose the one that works best "for me", long term.

That's not what I'm seeing. I have been storing the XL in the JM CK IWB 3 I still had from my departed 43X while I've been waiting for these holsters to arrive. So I had both of them out last night. There is no difference I could discern in retention, fitment around the gun, smoothness of edge finishing, hardware selection, and the kydex material itself, between the two examples I have. I'd be hard pressed to tell them apart, if they weren't for different guns.

Obviously this is not in use; my impressions may change over time/experience. I plan to carry with both and choose the one that works best "for me", long term.

With the improvement I see in the cut, I am wondering if they have changed for the better since I tried them. I also had an OWB for the P365XL from them that had an extremely sloppy fit and hit my finger by the trigger guard.

For clarification, were you comparing how the P365XL fit in the 43x JM to the Vedder, or a 43x in a 43x holster compared to a 365xl in a 365xl holster?

Please understand that I am not trying to contradict your selection or discredit what works for you. I hope I did not come across that way. Just chatting.

For clarification, were you comparing how the P365XL fit in the 43x JM to the Vedder, or a 43x in a 43x holster compared to a 365xl in a 365xl holster?

Please understand that I am not trying to contradict your selection or discredit what works for you. I hope I did not come across that way. Just chatting.
    No worries.

I hear ya, I ordered a ComTac OWB for the XL, I returned it due to poor fit.

I probably wasn’t clear, let me try this. My JM comments related to inspecting the JM holster, and my recollection of how my 43X fit in the JM holster.

My Vedder comments related to inspecting the Vedder holster, and how my current P365XL fit in the Vedder holster.

Small postscript: I adjusted the Vedder again. There is another, middle height setting moulded in to the set of openings for the steel clip; so I'm going to give that one a shot.
    Last edited by RJ; 08-13-2020 at 01:25 PM.

If I'm understanding correctly, JMCK also does that.

User Tag List