Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Got mine tonight. Carries smaller than a 43X/48, holds more round, better magwell, optics ready — sure hope it is reliable. Fits my long 365 JMCK.
    Never thought I'd see you be a beta tester of any kind. It will be interesting to see how it shakes for you.
    Last edited by Mike C; 07-20-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Never thought I'd see you be a beta tester of any kind. It will be interesting to see how it shakes for you.
    I am a beta tester every day with red dot sights, this is pretty low risk by comparison! I will be using my 43X until I have shot the 365 and 365 XL enough to be comfortable with them.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I am a beta tester every day with red dot sights, this is pretty low risk by comparison! I will be using my 43X until I have shot the 365 and 365 XL enough to be comfortable with them.
    I really hope they shake out well. They are awesome in concept and I completely agree that the P365 is an amazing shooting pistol for its size, capacity, and caliber. I just don't trust Sig any more. Hopefully they can earn my trust back I really think they are awesome but durability will need to be proven. Lots of rolling changes still happening hopefully that will settle soon as well.

Went to the range today and fired the following through the 365xl.
    25 rounds of CCI 124 fmj
    10 rounds of HST 147+p
    5 rounds of Underwood 115+P extreme penetrator
    No issues 335 rounds total through the pistol so far

It looks like the tip of the striker has been redesigned on the XL. It is at an angle. I read where someone who thought this was a defect called Sig and was told that it is a new design to eliminate the striker drag. The Sig rep went on to say that the striker drag was never a problem, but it was perceived as a problem by enough customers to look for a correction.

After reading about this on Sigtalk, I took a look at mine and sure enough, it's angled.

Just a data point, do with it what you will.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 07-24-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Name:  55AF3940-427D-4888-8FA8-2C737D202F78.jpg
Views: 1328
Size:  63.7 KB

I’m sure this comparison has been done but I didn’t see it.

Picked up an XL yesterday, took it, a JMK AIWB holster and 200 rounds of ammo to the range today. Through on and off thunderstorms, I shot 50 rounds each of Federal 115 AE, 147 AE, 124 +P HST and 147 HST. I had one malfunction, slide failing to return all the way into battery, on the 25th round fired, a 115 ball round, first round of the third magazine. I only had the two 12-rd mags that came with the gun. The only mags I could find online are the 15-rounders. Osage has them on sale and they include an extra base pad for the XL:

https://www.osagecountyguns.com/fire...-365-9-15.html

Too wet for paper targets, so all steel today. The XL is plenty accurate; I went 12 for 12 on two plate racks with 147 HST from 25 yards. The trigger stacks a little; if that doesn’t shoot out in the next few hundred rounds, I’ll do a little polishing, but the trigger weight is fine for carry and I do like the flat trigger. The sights are great, but I am looking forward to the Romeo Zero.

I shot my new 365XL for the first time this afternoon. It ran with HST 147, Gold Dot 115 and the PMC/American Eagle 115 ball I fed it. Sights were regulated for 25 yards. Recoil was modest. This pistol shoots more like a G19 and carries smaller than a 43X. If it proves reliable, this is a winner.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I shot my new 365XL for the first time this afternoon. It ran with HST 147, Gold Dot 115 and the PMC/American Eagle 115 ball I fed it. Sights were regulated for 25 yards. Recoil was modest. This pistol shoots more like a G19 and carries smaller than a 43X. If it proves reliable, this is a winner.

Yep this thing is really something else, I'm kind of still taking it all in to be honest, I took the XL and G48 together last night and ran whatever training ammo I had left in the drop box between them, which was about 250rds of 115gr ball. Afterwards I needed time to let it sink in, was a little weird holding the XL which literally feels like a toy in my hand but sure doesnt shoot like one. The 48 is in my opinion the best pistol in company history, and I got my first glock in 1986.

Small news, but ran 50 rounds of 115 Gold Dot through both the P365 and the XL. No glitches yet and pretty consistent.

15 yards heads with the XL. I need some practice, but the gun did well.

Name:  IMG_2101.jpg
Views: 991
Size:  40.8 KB

P365 walk back heads, 5,7,10,15,20,25
    The front sight covers a lot at 20 and 25. Again, I need some practice.

Name:  IMG_2102.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  33.5 KB

Also did some D1's and Bill Drills with the DSG Hitchhiker. All new to me, but definitely something to build on. The XL is a badass little gun. Hope it stays running. Can't wait to get an optic on it.

User Tag List