Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

So I relented and picked up the 365XL and I have to say I like it a lot. (I’ve sworn off sigs a couple of times). I tried one at a range and the trigger was pretty bad, fortunately the one I purchased was much better, pulled at about 4.5lbs after about 300 rounds, still pretty mushy though. Shooting wise was much softer then my 43x and 48 (which I’ve since sold my 48 if that’s any indication of how much I like the XL). I was also very pleased at the easy purchase with the slightly larger grip from aiwb. Easier to stay on target while shooting at speed, I was able to consistently hit an 8 inch round plate shooting fast pairs at 10 yards. I’ll need to work with it more with it but confident with it so far as a accurate shooter. My 43x and 48 are a good a bit snappier.

I absolutely love the feel of the 48/43x grip but seems the XL is a pretty good blend of shootability and ergonomics. Really impressed with it, I just hope it’s reliable. Pretty awesome with the 15 round option. It’s interesting because the 365w/12 round option is identical in length, but sig did a nice job of reshaping the grip on the XL to give you a little better feel, at least for me. As I mentioned above, I seem to be able to get a very consistent purchase out of the holster while drawing the gun. Overall really pleased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Really looking forward to the Romeo Zero.

Anyone know if there are ten round mags for the XL yet?
    Where is the 365 XL fitting in vs 48/43X? Still in the mix and proving itself over volume?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Where is the 365 XL fitting in vs 48/43X? Still in the mix and proving itself over volume?
    My preference is to make my small pistol a scaled version of my larger pistol, and the 365/365XL makes sense if your larger pistol is a 320. My wife competes with a 320 Legion and carries a 365. The 365 is considerably smaller than a 43X, and easier for her to conceal. The 365XL is also easier to conceal than a 43X.

The XL has a number of shooter features — good texture, big magwell, optics ready, flat trigger.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Anyone with a p365 xl, if I have 12 round mags already for a 365 and don’t plan on using a red dot is there any reason to consider an XL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Anyone with a p365 xl, if I have 12 round mags already for a 365 and don’t plan on using a red dot is there any reason to consider an XL?

The XL handles and shoots like a much larger pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post

I recommend trying an XL. For me, it is much more shootable than the P365. Very noticeably so. Much softer shooting. Run it fast and see what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I recommend trying an XL. For me, it is much more shootable than the P365. Very noticeably so. Much softer shooting. Run it fast and see what you think.
    Exactly my thoughts and experience as well with the XL

I haven't been able to shoot one yet, but I held an XL and it feels so nice in my hand. I can't wait until I can buy the slide assembly & grip module...

I picked a XL up last week and put a few hundred rounds through it. Definitely lighter in felt recoil, easier to shoot more accurately, easier to accomplish reloads, and doesn't swipe the primers. I'm not sure what I think about the straight trigger, but I'll see if it grows on me. My standard P365 will be on the market soon.

For those of you that own an XL, is there a dove tail for the rear sight? I can't tell because all you can see in images is that the area is covered by the optic cutout cover.

User Tag List