Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

I'm 800 rounds in at this point. With the 407K mounted, I'm impressed enough with it as a carry gun that I went ahead and put a second P365XL on layaway. I'm thinking these will replace my G19s. The combination of convenience and capability is impressive.

I also have a Blackpoint Mini Wing en route to give strong side a try. I cannot conceal a G19 well when carried that way, but since I carry OWB strong side five days a week, I figured I'd give it a whirl with the 365XL.

On my P365XL I'm up to 530 rounds of various brands. Zero issues, and it hasn't been cleaned or lubed since Round 0. The first 200 rounds were with the very nice SIG night sights, but rounds 201+ were with the Holosun 507k mounted. My first handgun-mounted red dot besides a Vortex Venom on a .22 cal pistol.

I posted pictures of my groupings here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1088153

I definitely need more time adjusting to the red dot - it is very crisp and I love the circle (though will likely change to dot only once I get comfortable).

One thing I've noticed in my 3 range trips with the 365XL - the slide gets VERY hot. Is it likely because of how small (thin) the slide is? After a few magazines I can't touch the front part of the slide for more than a second. Granted it was also near 90 degrees and sunny at every range trip.. I can also feel it when re-holstering (Black Point Tactical Mini-Wing IWB); I have a Vedder and JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster also but I mainly prefer 4 o'clock position so haven't used them much.

Here's a good comparison picture showing my M&P Shield (gen1) with 10 round (extended grip) magazine, and SIG P365XL w/ 10 round mag -

Name:  365xl-vs-shield-10rnd.jpg
Views: 1498
Size:  52.0 KB

I do think after more testing the SIG will replace my Shield. It is ever slightly smaller in all the right places, I can get a full grip and the dot is lovely. I keep forgetting to bring defensive ammo to test out - I like Federal 124gr HST for these smaller pistols, and seems to test well.

EDIT: I did order a Gray Guns 365 stippled grip module, but I think I'm going to wait and see if Wilson Combat makes one for the 365XL, and or just get the Gray Guns version. The stippling on the factory one is nice, but wouldn't mind a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I'm 800 rounds in at this point. With the 407K mounted, I'm impressed enough with it as a carry gun that I went ahead and put a second P365XL on layaway. I'm thinking these will replace my G19s. The combination of convenience and capability is impressive.

I also have a Blackpoint Mini Wing en route to give strong side a try. I cannot conceal a G19 well when carried that way, but since I carry OWB strong side five days a week, I figured I'd give it a whirl with the 365XL.
    I ordered a Blackpoint Mini Wing OWB when I first ordered the 365XL in April because I planned to get the Holosun for it I didn't think carrying IWB (strong-side) would be comfortable. However upon seeing how small the sight is and how perfect it goes together, I ordered a second Mini Wing, but IWB this time. They are running 2-3+ months, however they were awesome enough to group my orders together. I ordered the OWB in April, the IWB at the end of June when I got my gun, and got both holsters at the end of July. I haven't even tried the OWB, might sell if I don't plan to keep. I have too many holsters... (and I have labeled totes in the basement for each pistol to hold them)

Missing a 12 rnd mag from my new P365 XL

I just picked up a P365 XL at the local gun show from a rather large gun retailer in central Florida on Saturday. It really is a great gun!

Based on some of the messages in this thread, I read that they were only including 1 of the 2 12 rnd magazines with the gun, and providing a voucher of some kind for the 2nd one. When I got home and looked for the voucher i discovered there wasn't one in my box.

Yesterday, I went to one of the vendor's retail locations to ask about the voucher and was informed I would have to contact Sig directly. Not happy about that!

I went to the Sig website today and was a little relieved when I found a link to register for the missing mag. This may be ok after all, I thought.
    When I entered my serial number it was rejected as an invalid number, I entered it many times to ensure I wasn't making any errors - Odd, but Ok. So I called the phone number on the page; a voice message indicated call volume was excessive and I would need to send an email (or continue to hold indefinitely.) I sent an email with a detail of what happened.

The reply i just received from Sig, was that, according to their records, my gun left the factory with both mags, and if the vendor "misplaced" it, I would have to deal with them myself.

This response is really unacceptable. it was bad enough that Sig unilaterally stopped packing all of the parts in the box, but then to suddenly claim that they aren't doing that in this instance, and if it isn't there it is up to me to deal with the vendor myself.

The never ending finger pointing game, great.

Not sure who I am more disappointed with- my vendor or Sig.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

PS I love the gun, but I am not sure I will get the bad taste out of my mouth for a long time.

Any Sig reps lurking here? It would be nice to get this rectified quickly.

My XL came with the same 1 mag included, 1 mag voucher. Called Sig and when they ran the SN, it did come back as “eligible”. They overnighted the 2nd mag, and gave me a discount code for 25% off anything in their web store, except firearms.

No complaints. Sounds like your retailer “misplaced” a mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    My XL came with the same 1 mag included, 1 mag voucher. Called Sig and when they ran the SN, it did come back as “eligible”. They overnighted the 2nd mag, and gave me a discount code for 25% off anything in their web store, except firearms.

No complaints. Sounds like your retailer “misplaced” a mag.
    My early ‘20 build XL came with two mags. I agree, sounds like the retailer ‘misplaced’ a mag.

Sounds like “Billy in the back” kept a mag for himself and sold it as a one mag gun with the accompanying comment of “yeah Sig is sending them with 1 mag there’s a voucher in the case” then hurried and finishes the paperwork and sends you on your way. The SKU will have “-1M” if it shipped with one mag and also includes the voucher for a second mag and 25% off on the Sig store.

I’d have the Sig CS rep email you in writing and take that back to your vendor and ask them what kind of operation they’re running. Really, Sig could just give you another mag and move on but it does sound like it wasn’t their fault. Unfortunately, they probably don’t care cause there are plenty of people willing to pay full price for that gun with 1 mag right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo Bonsai View Post
    I just picked up a P365 XL at the local gun show from a rather large gun retailer in central Florida on Saturday. It really is a great gun!

Based on some of the messages in this thread, I read that they were only including 1 of the 2 12 rnd magazines with the gun, and providing a voucher of some kind for the 2nd one. When I got home and looked for the voucher i discovered there wasn't one in my box.

Yesterday, I went to one of the vendor's retail locations to ask about the voucher and was informed I would have to contact Sig directly. Not happy about that!

I went to the Sig website today and was a little relieved when I found a link to register for the missing mag. This may be ok after all, I thought.
    When I entered my serial number it was rejected as an invalid number, I entered it many times to ensure I wasn't making any errors - Odd, but Ok. So I called the phone number on the page; a voice message indicated call volume was excessive and I would need to send an email (or continue to hold indefinitely.) I sent an email with a detail of what happened.

The reply i just received from Sig, was that, according to their records, my gun left the factory with both mags, and if the vendor "misplaced" it, I would have to deal with them myself.

This response is really unacceptable. it was bad enough that Sig unilaterally stopped packing all of the parts in the box, but then to suddenly claim that they aren't doing that in this instance, and if it isn't there it is up to me to deal with the vendor myself.

The never ending finger pointing game, great.

Not sure who I am more disappointed with- my vendor or Sig.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

PS I love the gun, but I am not sure I will get the bad taste out of my mouth for a long time.

Any Sig reps lurking here? It would be nice to get this rectified quickly.
    Just got off the phone with the GS, fortunately for me, there were 5 other Guns that all had only 1 mag, so at least it wasn't just my word against theirs. They have arranged for Sig to ship them the missing mags and hope to get one out to me by next week. They said they were just as perplexed as I was.
    it appears as if the "mischief" has been managed.
    Mine has a July 29 2020 born on date.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo Bonsai View Post
    Just got off the phone with the GS, fortunately for me, there were 5 other Guns that all had only 1 mag, so at least it wasn't just my word against theirs. They have arranged for Sig to ship them the missing mags and hope to get one out to me by next week. They said they were just as perplexed as I was.
    it appears as if the "mischief" has been managed.
    Mine has a July 29 2020 born on date.
    That DOB should have 2 mags. The "-1M" 1 mag guns were mostly April, May and some June builds. Glad they're taking care of you, good on them!

Cross posting from my training log: got home today to find my order from jmcustomkydex for my P365XL. Tony made me a R/C holster for USPSA use, as well as one of my usual IWB 3, orange, full guard wide PTD holsters at 15 deg cant. Very happy as usual with my jm order.

Name:  IMG_7488.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  56.5 KB

User Tag List