Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

Here are a few comparison pics. First, side by side, P365 and P365XL.

Name:  IMG_1893.jpg
Views: 2816
Size:  36.4 KB

Next, with the uppers switched.

Name:  IMG_1892.jpg
Views: 2982
Size:  72.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1891.jpg
Views: 4638
Size:  69.7 KB

Visually, I can see no difference in the FCU's while in the frame. My P365 FCU takedown lever has a tendency to spring back. Then you have to lift up on the slide lock in order to rotate it back to the assembly/disassembly position. Also with the P365, if you pivot the takedown lever a little bit when in the assembly/disassembly position, you can feel spring tension on it and see the sear bob up and down. On the XL, the takedown lever stays put with no spring tension on it and does not move the sear when rotated a little.

I will look at the FCU's more closely side by side, removed from the grip after I shoot tomorrow.

Y'all think we should start a dedicated range report thread or just post it here?
    Last edited by cornstalker; 07-12-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I really like Sig's but I think I will just stick my 43 and 48 combo. Between those two guns I can configure them for whatever type of situation I might be ccw'ing in and they work. I admire Sig's commitment to innovation, but it seems they are a bit rushed in their desire to conquer the gun industry. I really hope the two guns in the video are an anomaly, but it doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility that they might have some bugs to be worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    What I really need is the XL frame with the standard slide and standard curved trigger.
    What I need is the XL slide and straight trigger on the standard frame

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Thanks.

I'm curious as the P365 is approved by my agency. The P365XL is not but the XL grip shell and magazine are factory parts and thus fair game for use on an approved P365.
    I probably won't get to this until tomorrow night at the soonest. Sorry. I am heading over to drop it off at my gunsmith. He wants to shoot it tomorrow.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 07-13-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Thanks.

I'm curious as the P365 is approved by my agency. The P365XL is not but the XL grip shell and magazine are factory parts and thus fair game for use on an approved P365.
    The FCU's swap without issue. I did not fire them like this, but they function tested normally.

FCU's side by side. I can see no difference other than the trigger.

Name:  IMG_1919.jpg
Views: 3637
Size:  22.7 KB

FCU's swapped and function tested.

Name:  IMG_1920.jpg
Views: 2240
Size:  22.5 KB

FCU's and uppers swapped and function tested.

Name:  IMG_1922.jpg
Views: 2251
Size:  24.1 KB

Held rather softly but another with FTRB.

Need to check some local dealers to see how these things are sprung.

So I picked an XL up today, no shooting yet, ordered the curved 365 trigger so we will get that swapped this week. Everything is really tight on the pistol right now, slide release, full mag on a closed slide, takedown etc, hopefully that loosens up and performs normally with some use. Trigger is a little mushier and creepier than my other P320 FCG's but that does tends to crispen up with use, I'm pretty keen to see how this thing works, it's still a little bizarre to me the size of it with the capacity it has, especially with that 15 rounder in it. It's like PPK small.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    How do we get the ten minutes of our life back.

Thanks for the warning. I kept it muted, jumped around to shooting parts, got the point about out of battery. Only burned about a minute of life. I owe ya.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

My LGS has one in stock with a born on date of 26(?) June 2019. I only handled it right out of the box...I feels great in the hand. Better to me than the P365. Of course it was compared side by side with a 43X (no G48 available). The 43X was obviously taller in the grip.
    I racked the slide several times as well as dry fired it. Again, right out of the box. The trigger was noticeably mushy and grindy. Not very impressive. Also, the slide was very hard to rack with a magazine onboard. Without the mag it was good. Not too sure what that was about.
    The kicker? There were very noticeable deformities in the rear upper grip tang area (where the web of your hand rests). The deformities were small divots in the polymer, like maybe there was dirt of debris in the mold. I don't fell this would have an effect on function, but from an ascetics point of view, definitely not GTG. This should have been picked up by Sig QC and never sent out for retail sale.
    Last edited by Det1397; 07-17-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    The FCU's swap without issue. I did not fire them like this, but they function tested normally. ,,

FCU's side by side. I can see no difference other than the trigger.

Name:  IMG_1919.jpg
Views: 3637
Size:  22.7 KB

FCU's swapped and function tested.

Name:  IMG_1920.jpg
Views: 2240
Size:  22.5 KB

FCU's and uppers swapped and function tested.

Name:  IMG_1922.jpg
Views: 2251
Size:  24.1 KB
    Thanks for this. I got to put hands on a 365 XL today. As soon as the XL gripshells become available I will pick up a P365.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-17-2019 at 11:14 AM.

User Tag List