Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    I just checked, not even a sliver of a gap. My RMSc locked down tight to the frame and has not loosened after 450 rounds. Maybe he had some out of tolerance issues on his slide?
    Or the sight. Glad to hear that yours is GTG.

Been a while since I have had a pistol session. Went to the range today to do a final check on the hunting rifle and went to the pistol bay after. 100 rounds through the P365xl. AIWB without a cover garment, 10 yards I shot (untimed) D5's to the body with surprise reloads. D1's to the head. D1 SHO to body, WHO to body from low ready, D1's at 25 yards. No feeding or firing issues, but I did experience one auto-forward on a reload.

Really looking forward to the Romeo Zero.

Anyone know if there are ten round mags for the XL yet?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

200 rounds of 115 AE through the XL tonight. I somehow managed to engage the slide release and locked the gun open on the 11th round of a WHO string. I still havent figured out how I did that.

Now sitting at 937 rounds total.

In a less than proud moment I knocked my P365XL in the DSG Hitchhiker off of my filing cabinet to the ground. It didn't make any excessively loud noises. In fact, the impact could barely be heard over the expletives leaving my mouth. Hopefully, that will conclude my drop testing. I will admit that it scared the shit out of me...

It still amazes me how many things can go through your mind during the time of flight of an object.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 09-28-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    In a less than proud moment I knocked my P365XL in the DSG Hitchhiker off of my filing cabinet to the ground. It didn't make any excessively loud noises. In fact, the impact could barely be heard over the expletives leaving my mouth. Hopefully, that will conclude my drop testing. I will admit that it scared the shit out of me...

It still amazes me how many things can go through your mind during the time of flight of an object.

Since this is a comparison thread would you have been equally, more or less scared with a G48?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Since this is a comparison thread would you have been equally, more or less scared with a G48?
    I felt the same way when my sister launched my VP9 to the ground when I was helping her move a desk. However, I can’t say that Sig’s drop safety issue didn’t cross my mind before/as the XL was landing.

I am 100% sure that I would shit dropping any loaded gun. Sig’s scars just added a little extra spice.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 09-28-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I felt the same way when my sister launched my VP9 to the ground when I was helping her move a desk. However, I can’t say that Sig’s drop safety issue didn’t cross my mind before/as the XL was landing.

I am 100% sure that I would shit dropping any loaded gun. Sig’s scars just added a little extra spice.
    Maybe the manufacturers can hire you for drop testing.🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Maybe the manufacturers can hire you for drop testing.🤣
    Sheesh!Drop one gun...

My girlfriend picked up one of these the other day. I think Sig really nailed the form factor here, and it's got good sights right out of the box!

Does anyone know of a useable OWB holster for these?
    Preferably one that doesn't have a huge lead time. OWB would be more range friendly for cold weather practice.

User Tag List