Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

Reference my holster search for the P365XL:

I contacted Mitch Rosen, up on New Hampshire, who make the Upper Limit, which I liked very much for my G26 and G19. MR indicated they only offer the UPL and UPL-EXP for the shorter Sig P365, but they do make the the 5JR and 5JR-EXP for the Sig P365XL because it accommodates the RomeoZero laser. They said they would continue to evaluate the market and let me know if they ended up making an UPL for the XL.

Also, I got a very nice response from the Raven Concealment Customer Services representative, who indicated that their design team are working on a P365 Perun, and should be "released within the next two months."

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I'm interesting in an option to use my carry P365XL for USPSA Production. Anyone have any idea why the XL is not on the Production Gun List, but the smaller P365 is? That just seems really weird to me.

https://uspsa.org/productionlist

*cough*

It is now. Ask DNROI and ye shall receive:

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-05-27 11-50-20.png
Views: 830
Size:  28.5 KB

*cough*

It is now. Ask DNROI and ye shall receive:

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-05-27 11-50-20.png
Views: 830
Size:  28.5 KB
    You the man! Btw I talked with Tony at jmck and they can make a range holster for it. Got one on order.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Reference my holster search for the P365XL:

I contacted Mitch Rosen, up on New Hampshire, who make the Upper Limit, which I liked very much for my G26 and G19. MR indicated they only offer the UPL and UPL-EXP for the shorter Sig P365, but they do make the the 5JR and 5JR-EXP for the Sig P365XL because it accommodates the RomeoZero laser. They said they would continue to evaluate the market and let me know if they ended up making an UPL for the XL.

Also, I got a very nice response from the Raven Concealment Customer Services representative, who indicated that their design team are working on a P365 Perun, and should be "released within the next two months."
    Great news about Raven!!
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Picked up this minimalistic holster from Mission First Tactical. So far impressions are pretty good. A lot like the Vanguard but has a strut to tuck it into the body tighter.

Name:  1DF9FF55-822E-45AF-93DA-4407B5C4F80C.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  60.3 KB
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Question on my new P365XL with 140 rounds.

During Dry Practice today, I started to notice an odd "hitch" in the trigger right before the start of the break. When I looked closely, it turned out the slide, all of it, was moving "back" very slightly. In fact, when I looked even closer, it was actually both the slide AND the FCU moving. I could visibly see the rear lower of the FCU under the slide moving. Now, it was not moving much, maybe 0.020" or so, but it was perceptible and repeatable. Did the same thing with an unloaded mag.

I field stripped it, and, using just hand pressure, I verified it is actually the FCU moving slightly forward and back in the grip, which is causing the issue. Anyone see anything remotely like this with an XL?

By comparison, I did the same Dry Press on Shootin' Partner's P365 (call it 300 rounds through), and did not notice the same movement. The FCU in the P365 did jump slightly in the frame at the break, but there's nothing like the observable movement like in my P365XL. So I'm wondering it if just a case of stacking tolerances in the two components resulting in a little slop.

Not really going to go all OCD on this, it may be just a symptom of the "FCU-inserts-into-the-frame" that these Lego guns use. I will look into this more next time I do some live fire; obviously pressing the trigger to the break with a chambered round to see if the slide moves isn't something I'm going to do at home.

I have heard of that in P365's and P365XL's. My gunsmith's P365 did it, his XL did not. Neither my P365 or XL did it. All of my P320's, my P365 and XL all had vertical slide bump without a magazine installed, but no fore and aft movement.

I would be curious what Sig might say about it.

My P365xl chassis moves inside the frame during trigger press too. I called sig and they requested I send them videos of the movement which I did. Then they told me it was normal. Once again, I'm under impressed in Sig QC.

Im curious about a couple of things. What size hands are you guys?
    I find the 320sc to small for my hands and they dont offer grip modules in sizes for the sc.
    I assume the same is true for the XL.
    Also does anyone have experience with the shield 2.0 vs the XL?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List