Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    My LGS finally had one in stock and I snatched it. The trigger out of the box was pretty gritty. I put 300 rounds through it today with zero issues. My sig 365 made me think I was going to drift away from Glocks and this gun just confirmed it. I can shoot a faster bill drill with this little gun than a full size Glock and I'm able to track the sights better. I really see no need for a Glock 19 anymore for my needs.
    I'm moving to 365XL with red dot as a primary and a standard 365 as my backup. Will be shaking this set up out at a class to see if it in fact is good to go. Not being on the job any more, the need for a full-size gun is not as important, however having 13 rounds on tap with a 15 round mag and a 10 round back up gun, it looks like a pretty solid carry set up.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    I'm moving to 365XL with red dot as a primary and a standard 365 as my backup. Will be shaking this set up out at a class to see if it in fact is good to go. Not being on the job any more, the need for a full-size gun is not as important, however having 13 rounds on tap with a 15 round mag and a 10 round back up gun, it looks like a pretty solid carry set up.
    I'm wanting to try it out as well with a red dot. A local gun store got the holosun 5k in and I'm tempted to try it out.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I'm wanting to try it out as well with a red dot. A local gun store got the holosun 5k in and I'm tempted to try it out.
    5K?

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    5K?
    Sorry, I meant 507k.

Sorry, I meant 507k.
    What shop? I didn’t think the 507K was shipping yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    What shop? I didn’t think the 507K was shipping yet.
    Wilshire Gun in OKC. $289

I’ve concealed carried the 365XL for almost two years now. What a phenomenal sub-compact pistol. I’ve carried the G26, G27, G19, S&W Shield Over the last 20 years and the XL is by far the most comfortable so far. It’s a great little shooter too. Out of the box, it’s awesome. I recommend the Vedder Light Tuck if you’re concealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerlon2fingers View Post
    I’ve concealed carried the 365XL for almost two years now. What a phenomenal sub-compact pistol. I’ve carried the G26, G27, G19, S&W Shield Over the last 20 years and the XL is by far the most comfortable so far. It’s a great little shooter too. Out of the box, it’s awesome. I recommend the Vedder Light Tuck if you’re concealing.
    XL was released last June I thought?

Got my P365XL on the range today. Actually, at my chosen "range" in an isolated section of the Coconino National Forest in AZ. First time firing live ammo in this pistol.

As mentioned in previous posts, the front sight on this pistol arrived with a "dead" tritium insert. Of course the replacement sight arrived at my place in Mesa, AZ the day AFTER we traveled to our place in Pine Canyon last weekend. However, the dead front sight was perfectly fine for the outdoor daylight shooting I did today.

I had only 124 gr. ammo available and tested the following:

124 gr. Montana Gold JHP hand load over 4.0 grains of Titegroup powder in mixed brass
    124 gr. Aguila FMJ
    124 gr. Remington BJHP
    124 gr. Remington BJHP +P
    124 gr. Speer GDHP

I fired two (2) each 5-shot groups with each load. All shooting was done standing unsupported at a measured 15 yards using an NRA 25 yard repair center target. The front sight was centered on the black portion of the target for all shots.

All ten (10) groups measured from 1 5/8" to 2 1/8" center to center for five shots. Combined average is just under 2". Shots were well centered in the black for all groups with all types of ammo tested. For me, with these sights, at this distance, the pistol is POA=POI.

As also previously mentioned, I installed an MCarbo replacement spring set (sear spring, striker spring, striker block spring) in this pistol before ever firing a live round from the pistol, so this was also the initial test of ignition with replacement springs.

There were zero malfunctions and zero BTF occurrences. All ejected cases stacked in a fairly neat pile about 7-8 ft. away at 2-3 o'clock. Recoil was snappy but very manageable. My pistol weighs 26.4 oz. fully loaded with 12+1 rounds of ammo.

The trigger is greatly improved with the MCarbo replacement springs, and quite manageable. It reminds me of a cross between a rolling Glock break and a CZ break. It will take plenty of practice to further acclimate myself to the pistol, as well as many more rounds downrange to ensure reliability remains at required levels before I decide to carry it for self defense.

But I am very pleased with it so far and very much looking forward to the arrival of the Holosun 407K red dot optic I have on order so I can get it installed.

I used a JMCK "Quick Ship" IWB3 holster and clip-on single mag carrier (both in gray color) for this pistol. I like them both very much, which is absolutely no surprise, as I have yet to purchase a JMCK product that not only met, but exceeded my needs. The holster was made with a cut for a red dot sight, so I am ready to go when that Holosun arrives! Excellent quality, absolutely minimal in profile, and perfect fit for both the holster and the mag carrier.

All in all, a satisfying day in the Coconino National Forest and out of the heat in Mesa!!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    I fired a brand new one yesterday and the trigger was horrible. It's owner thought there was something wrong with it and asked me to look at it.

We fired it about 200 rounds and the trigger was improving....but had a long way to go.

Interestingly enough, I was putting up less than 2 inch groups at 25 yards with PPU Range line 115 grain. The first 10 were a tad low nicely grouped in the 8 ring of a B8. I split the bull with the front sight and the next 10 were right where I wanted them.

With a better trigger, I dare to believe I could put up a one inch group with the thing. But the trigger as is was about the worst P365/XL/320 trigger I've ever seen.

Tight shooter though.

Regards.
    Derail on this thread, largely since I haven't seen a lot of 320 threads on here, and there's a lot of Sig hate (understandably so). Regardless, I finally caved the other day while shopping for something completely different. Working on getting to the point I can offer at least basic courses in my area, and am assimilating a few extra guns to let people shoot. Bought an M&P compact the other day, and was looking for something else specifically for me but the last store in town had a P320 compact that called my name, so I bought it. I've got so many more rounds on a hammer fired gun than anything else that pretty much any striker fired trigger feels like completely garbage. The S&W isn't horrid, but the P320 feels like pure trash. Is this just a Sig thing or do I just need to shoot it more? It's got maybe 100 rounds through it now, and it's better-ish.

User Tag List