Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P365 XL - SIGs answer to the G48

Probably a long shot, but I really am liking my P365XL. Any idea if these will be added to the USPSA production list like the regular P365?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Probably a long shot, but I really am liking my P365XL. Any idea if these will be added to the USPSA production list like the regular P365?
    Bet it is on the list by end of next week, as the 320 Legion was on very quickly.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Here is the link to the list, so can you check:

https://uspsa.org/productionlist

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Here is the link to the list, so can you check:

https://uspsa.org/productionlist
    Awesome, thank you sir!

Bought an XL on Sunday, put 150 rounds through it everyday this week so 750 total now. Zero malfunctions. Shoots better than any pistol this small that I've had experience with. Cleaned and lubed it for the first time today and the trigger is noticeably crisper than my 3 year old G43. My impression is they learned from the regular P365 rollout.

I picked one up yesterday at the local gun shop/range, born on date June 28 2019. Fired 100 rounds of Fed 115fmj, 10 147 Hydrashoks and 30 Win Ranger 147 bonded. No issues with any feeding, I'll run some 147 +P HSTs next range visit. I also purchased a 15 round magazine and was only able to get 14 in it the first couple of loadings, finally managed to get 15 but it was a chore. I'm very stoked about this pistol, fits my JMCK AIWB just fine. It also fits the HPG Snubby Kit Bag Original Pattern with the 15 round mag without hanging up on the rear sight. Accuracy was far better than I and was easily keeping all 147 jhps inside the 10 ring at 12 yards. The 15 round mag baseplate may be a bit weird to some but works for me. The flush fit 12 is what will see the most use if the pistol proves reliable.

Name:  fullsizeoutput_936.jpg
Views: 1217
Size:  100.5 KB
    Last edited by vaspence; 07-19-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Got mine tonight. Carries smaller than a 43X/48, holds more round, better magwell, optics ready — sure hope it is reliable. Fits my long 365 JMCK.

Name:  7D346093-1D99-413D-AD2B-E358E10A9EC0.jpg
Views: 1146
Size:  46.3 KB

I'm really interested to hear comparisons between the 365xl and G48, especially as they relate to felt recoil and muzzle rise.

Quote Originally Posted by CR78 View Post
    I'm really interested to hear comparisons between the 365xl and G48, especially as they relate to felt recoil and muzzle rise.
    I ran about 1240 rounds through a G48 before selling it. I thought it was a lot snappier than the 365XL, and for me, it had a tendency for the muzzle to twist up and to the left. Probably a flaw in my grip.

I think the Glock 48 could have been so much better if it had a full-length RSA, rather than the same short RSA as a 43/43X. They just added forward mass with the same cycle timing of a shorter gun when they could have easily gone full length and had a more forgiving and controllable platform.

Having had both, I prefer the 365XL so far. Will see how reliability pans out.

In regards to the newer tapered feed ramps that have had problems with the P365 and 147 HST's, I wonder if the longer recoil system of the XL changes the cycle timing enough to make it a non-issue in the XL. Time will tell.

Got to the range this morning. Ran another 115 rounds of Fed 115 fmj, 30 rounds of Fed 147+P HST and 10 rounds of Speer GD 124 +P. No issues.

User Tag List