Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 45 (gen 5 obviously) trigger gone to complete shit at 1,500 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    So to prove or disprove this theory I could simply pull a striker assy (or heck, just slap the whole top end) from one of my 19's on the 45 right?

I think I may have disproven this then, because I put the MOS top with an ACRO on the G45 frame and the trigger nastiness still exsisted.

I'm wondering if it's not something inside that little box at the rear where the connector goes.

Cool. So now you've isolated the cause to the "lower" it would seem.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    My understanding is that this is why the M models have DLC coated internal parts.

I have not experienced this issue in a 19x or g45 but I remember people that have had this resolved it by either replacing the trigger housing assembly or pulling it and giving a good cleaning.

My 45 was the same, and I narrowed it down to where the trigger bar rubbed against the right side slide stop. Cleaning this area up and relubricating took care of the issue for me. Mine was getting really awful before I figured this out, like two fingers bad!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I had this happen on a Gen 2 years ago.

Turned out the striker tube liner was torn.

Happened to me with Gen5 19s and 43s.

Robar NP3 on all the metal parts fixed the 43s, didn't help the 19s.
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 05-20-2019 at 12:36 PM.

I had to replace the trigger bar.

Had this issue with a 19x. Glock replaced the trigger assembly, connector, trigger housing and slide release.

I did the following in December, seemed to help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    12-5-19

Toolset

Glock 19.5: Did 0.25c trigger job with Dremel and Flitz. Polished the Connector (Dot) and rear lug of the Firing pin. Removed and cleaned the Extractor.

Renewed/polished the following parts:

- New Trigger Mechanism Housing with Ejector 47208 (with the 47021 Ejector)
    - New Trigger with trigger bar 39702 (polished)
    - New Firing pin safety 33782 (polished)

New OEM Extended Slide Release 47249.

Reassembled with a dot of grease in the connector lip.

Subjectively the trigger press seems smoother, about the same weight. No hitch in the take up. Kinda like it used to feel. The extended slide release is easier to release in my hand. I can now hit the release with my thumb.

I had no parts left over, and no springs were launched into low-earth orbit. So far, so good.

On my 19x it was the trigger housing. Sounds like if you just replace all of the internal components you will have it...

I would swap one part at a time from a G19.5 lower over to it until it goes away. Then you will know.

User Tag List