Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 45 (gen 5 obviously) trigger gone to complete shit at 1,500 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Now I’m interested in hearing if ANYONE has a high round count Gen5 with NO trigger issues...

10k on a 19x. Only issues was that the slide stop was flaking, but the trigger felt fine

Edit, the flaking started at about 8.5k
    Last edited by Zman001; 05-26-2019 at 03:36 AM.

I haven’t been able to shoot either of my Gen5 G19s this year so their round count hasn’t been able to reach very high. One is at 3000 and the other is at 4500. Neither has started displaying this trigger issue. The one with 3000 rounds is from September 2017 before the frames matched the slides. The one with 4500 is from either January or February 2018 and has the frame radiused to match the frame. I don’t believe either has the breechface cut.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

We have five or six Gen 5 34 pistols, that my wife has shot nearly every day since fall, and they are all fine.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

How about we just see the situation for what it is and don’t make it something it isn’t. Some Glock pistols had issues with the trigger bars.

Does it make the gun not work? No.
    Is it a large scale epidemic? No.
    Is it easy and inexpensive to fix if you happen to encounter it? Yes.

As to the installation part: this show it. The cruciform has to go under the “hook.”

Name:  012E5EE8-28F9-4338-8491-C16E97454BF5.jpeg
Views: 694
Size:  18.1 KB
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    How about we just see the situation for what it is and don’t make it something it isn’t. Some Glock pistols had issues with the trigger bars.

Does it make the gun not work? No.
    Is it a large scale epidemic? No.
    Is it easy and inexpensive to fix if you happen to encounter it? Yes.

As to the installation part: this show it. The cruciform has to go under the “hook.”

Name:  012E5EE8-28F9-4338-8491-C16E97454BF5.jpeg
Views: 694
Size:  18.1 KB
    Ok, thanks for the clarification. I was thinking he was referring to something more subtle.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

By the time you DLC coat the components necessary - you’re then North of the cost of a VP9 LE w/ NS & 3 mags. A gun that works.

I get the love for Glocks, but at some point (like I reached), it’s enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrin View Post
    By the time you DLC coat the components necessary - you’re then North of the cost of a VP9 LE w/ NS & 3 mags. A gun that works.

I get the love for Glocks, but at some point (like I reached), it’s enough.
    But a vp9 will never be able to do what a G19 can in concealment. It also costs a lot more money for magazines, spare parts. Holsters are harder to come by and sight options are nowhere close, esp in the suppressors height/buis options. Vp9 has no gadget and if I remember correctly there were a few with a dead trigger issue back when. My Glock has been perfect while my vp9 had issues in the first 300 rounds.

If I do not want a Glock I would buy a p10c over a Vp9. Lighter,smaller and imo better trigger.

No gun is perfect. Glock gives you the most options in a lightweight reliable package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    But a vp9 will never be able to do what a G19 can in concealment. It also costs a lot more money for magazines, spare parts. Holsters are harder to come by and sight options are nowhere close, esp in the suppressors height/buis options. Vp9 has no gadget and if I remember correctly there were a few with a dead trigger issue back when. My Glock has been perfect while my vp9 had issues in the first 300 rounds.

If I do not want a Glock I would buy a p10c over a Vp9. Lighter,smaller and imo better trigger.

No gun is perfect. Glock gives you the most options in a lightweight reliable package.
    Glock is not reliable, nor is it perfection =14 pages of discussion.

- Concealment is a wash. Need more? VP9SK w/ +2 mags. Done.

- $ for magazines - the P30 magazine...arguably the most reliable pistol magazine on earth. A better investment than chasing BTF fixes or magic
    coatings.

- Parts? You don't need them. Maintenance cycle is every 25K. Get spare RSA to have on hand.

- Holsters? Plenty to choose from.

- Sights? All the 'necessary' sight options, suppressor included, are provided by HK (mepro), Heine, 10-8, Dawson, etc.

Gadget is not necessary, but a comfort item. For you. Never heard of the dead trigger, and you will have issues with any HK pistol if you feed it weak AE 115 grain in the initial 300 rounds. Full powered for first 300, then one can run whatever garbage ammo they like.

...three personal Glock 19's and all failed. A thread like this confirms Glock still hasn't learned.
    Last edited by Patrin; 05-26-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrin View Post
    Glock is not reliable, nor is it perfection =14 pages of discussion.

- Concealment is a wash. Need more? VP9SK w/ +2 mags. Done.

- $ for magazines - the P30 magazine...arguably the most reliable pistol magazine on earth. A better investment than chasing BTF fixes or magic
    coatings.

- Parts? You don't need them. Maintenance cycle is every 25K. Get spare RSA to have on hand.

- Holsters? Plenty to choose from.

- Sights? All the 'necessary' sight options, suppressor included, are provided by HK (mepro), Heine, 10-8, Dawson, etc.

Gadget is not necessary, but a comfort item. For you. Never heard of the dead trigger, and you will have issues with any HK pistol if you feed it weak AE 115 grain in the initial 300 rounds. Full powered for first 300, then one can run whatever garbage ammo they like.

...three personal Glock 19's and all failed. A thread like this confirms Glock still hasn't learned.
    Without going to far off the rails, I’m glad your VP9s work but the VP9 /VP40 has some fleas too, just like everything else.

Signed - a guy who broke a USPC....

Personally I would pay a reasonable premium for a Glock M model or a P320 with the M17/M18/DHS contract coatings on the internals.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Signed - a guy who broke a USPC....
    Should I congratulate you or put up a sad face.

My interjection was not to say HK is perfect. They do right by the customer. Engineered, ready to deliver products that are not trouble-shooted by the end user - with the proper coatings (maritime for all, not for some).

I found this wanting by Glock, and the response to past BTF issues. I left SIG as well when they cheapened their P-Series line w/ substandard parts.

HCM, you shouldn't have to pay a premium for a DLC coated Glock or a TDP 320. It should be the standard.

Ultimately, as end users, perhaps we should start supporting a company with the right ethos.
    Last edited by Patrin; 05-26-2019 at 03:08 PM.

User Tag List