Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 45 (gen 5 obviously) trigger gone to complete shit at 1,500 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Patrin View Post
    Glock is not reliable, nor is it perfection =14 pages of discussion.

- Concealment is a wash. Need more? VP9SK w/ +2 mags. Done.

- $ for magazines - the P30 magazine...arguably the most reliable pistol magazine on earth. A better investment than chasing BTF fixes or magic
    coatings.

- Parts? You don't need them. Maintenance cycle is every 25K. Get spare RSA to have on hand.

- Holsters? Plenty to choose from.

- Sights? All the 'necessary' sight options, suppressor included, are provided by HK (mepro), Heine, 10-8, Dawson, etc.

Gadget is not necessary, but a comfort item. For you. Never heard of the dead trigger, and you will have issues with any HK pistol if you feed it weak AE 115 grain in the initial 300 rounds. Full powered for first 300, then one can run whatever garbage ammo they like.

...three personal Glock 19's and all failed. A thread like this confirms Glock still hasn't learned.
    Never said it was perfection. But I believe that Glocks are reliable pistols.

Vp9sk is not comparable to a g19 to me sorry. If I want a small grip I can use a g26. I guess the millions sold each year mean nothing.

The dead trigger issue was on this very forum.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ourney-thread)
    There have been other issues with the VP series pistols. They ain’t perfect either.

Sorry you had bad experiences. But so far the only real wrinkle in the gen 5 is easily fixed for cheap and once again it does not put the gun down. You don’t like em okay. But don’t shit on them and pretend they are unreliable garbage. Or somehow a HK is comparable in cost of ownership. I have had both and the VP9 was a very easy to shoot gun. But there were too many cons for me. And no mine did not choke just on 115 grn. It was 147 grn. It was okay after a “break in” period but my CZ/Glocks never needed break in.

Do we need a gadget nope. But it sure is nice having it. I also prefer the simplicity of the Glock.

I have never had a btf with any of my Gen 5s and as long as you use factory mags they work damn good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gen5’s run better...now. Glock addressed a known design flaw in the Gen4...after many years and many denials. AH556 takes a trip to Smyrna and the result, by the reading, is not an acknowledgement by Glock of a trigger bar issue, but to do what’s consistent, replace all parts and provide poor customer service.

“Cost of ownership” - After Apex parts, aftermarket plungers, special coatings and unpredictable parts replacement regimens - indeed - the cost to own an HK is lower than a Glock.
    Last edited by Patrin; 05-26-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Gen5’s run better...now. Glock addressed a known design flaw in the Gen4...after many years and many denials. AH556 takes a trip to Smyrna and the result, by the reading, is not an acknowledgement by Glock of a trigger bar issue, but to do what’s consistent, replace all parts and provide poor customer service.

“Cost of ownership” - After Apex parts, aftermarket plungers, special coatings and unpredictable parts replacement regimens - indeed - the cost to own an HK is lower than a Glock.
    I love my HK pistols, but every brand pistol has its pros and cons. Showing up in a Glock thread (it could be any brand), not to offer specific solutions but to generally bash Glock pistols, it not going to change any minds, especially those with a significant commitment to Glock pistols. No different than someone showing up in the VP9-B thread to say HK sucks because there is still no optics ready factory offering. It seems like every few pages in this thread, we get a drive by post bashing Glock. I guess the flip side, is if the biggest knock on Gen 5 guns is you might have to change a $15 trigger bar, things aren’t too bad now in Glock world.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Glock 45 (gen 5 obviously) trigger gone to complete shit at 1,500 rounds

I have 5 Gen4 Glocks, with high round counts. I had 2 more G4 34s that I sold, which had upward of 50k. All have been highly reliable and did not require aftermarket parts to make them work right.

I have a lot of confidence in these guns.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-26-2019 at 04:48 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

GJM - I did offer a solution. VP9.

Between user reports and Glock's response, well, there it is - I held out for 14 pages.

Back to my reading.

GJM - I did offer a solution. VP9.

Between user reports and Glock's response, well, there it is - I held out for 14 pages.

Back to my reading.
    I wish HK would get busy and bring out an Optics Ready model and better support the sear, so it is resistant to doctors with mallets. The VP series are my favorite shooting strikers.

Site Supporter
    Should I congratulate you or put up a sad face.

My interjection was not to say HK is perfect. They do right by the customer. Engineered, ready to deliver products that are not trouble-shooted by the end user - with the proper coatings (maritime for all, not for some).

I found this wanting by Glock, and the response to past BTF issues. I left SIG as well when they cheapened their P-Series line w/ substandard parts.

HCM, you shouldn't have to pay a premium for a DLC coated Glock or a TDP 320. It should be the standard.

Ultimately, as end users, perhaps we should start supporting a company with the right ethos.
    What ever Glocks other issues, they did actually fix BTF in the Gen 5 guns, particularly the newest versions with the new breach face cut.

The M / MHS coatings should be standard but they add cost and the manufacturs are targeting the average buyer not the hard use buyer. There have always been different grades of guns, I’m ok with paying a slight premium for the hard use version. There is no compelling reason for these to be gov/agency only. If they can do multiple skus Godspeed isl colors and celebrity gun trainer editions they cans do a hard use edition.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    What ever Glocks other issues, they did actually fix BTF in the Gen 5 guns, particularly the newest versions with the new breach face cut.

The M / MHS coatings should be standard but they add cost and the manufacturs are targeting the average buyer not the hard use buyer. There have always been different grades of guns, I’m ok with paying a slight premium for the hard use version. There is no compelling reason for these to be gov/agency only. If they can do multiple skus Godspeed isl colors and celebrity gun trainer editions they cans do a hard use edition.
    I asked this some pages back, and don’t believe anyone responded, but is there any data, beyond anecdotal, that the M Glock pistols perform better than regular Gen 5 equivalents? Does anyone know if the M pistols produced in the future will continue to have that special internal coating?

Should I congratulate you or put up a sad face.

My interjection was not to say HK is perfect. They do right by the customer. Engineered, ready to deliver products that are not trouble-shooted by the end user - with the proper coatings (maritime for all, not for some).

I found this wanting by Glock, and the response to past BTF issues. I left SIG as well when they cheapened their P-Series line w/ substandard parts.

HCM, you shouldn't have to pay a premium for a DLC coated Glock or a TDP 320. It should be the standard.

Ultimately, as end users, perhaps we should start supporting a company with the right ethos.
    Congratulations, you like so many others over on HKpro have made your master race case for HK. This isn’t a Brand X vs Brand Y thread. Please go find a HK thread if you don’t have anything constructive to add to this technical discussion about Glocks.
    Last edited by StraitR; 05-26-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I asked this some pages back, and don’t believe anyone responded, but is there any data, beyond anecdotal, that the M Glock pistols perform better than regular Gen 5 equivalents? Does anyone know if the M pistols produced in the future will continue to have that special internal coating?
    I don't know of any mass testing of Gen 5s. The agency testing has all been the "M". The only teething issues were the wrong/different spring for the disassembly bar causing an issue. I don't know of any "M" pistols from testing or from actual use that have reported the issue. Still anecdotal, I suppose, but seems like lead information.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List