Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 45 (gen 5 obviously) trigger gone to complete shit at 1,500 rounds

Site Supporter

Does your trigger bar look like this perhaps?

7,900 rounds through my G17 Gen 5. Trigger is great. I did put a 3.5# disconnector in it a few months ago and make sure I clean the gunk around the right side trigger bar every few thousand rounds.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Hammertime
    Data point: trigger went to pieces G4G26. Turned out to be the striker channel liner.

I had my g43 trigger bar flake in only about 400 rounds. I never experienced that on any of my other glocks. Started feeling like a 12lb trigger with a wall from hell.

Glock 19 gen 4 trigger started getting bad after a few thousand rounds, I replaced the striker spring but also noticed some pretty decent gouging on the bottom side of safety plunger where the striker meets. Replaced both at the same time so I'm not sure which one fixed that issue.

I usually just lubed my glocks per manual, but as others have stated I've started using tetra or lucas grease on my connector. Seems to slick up the trigger pretty good for awhile.

I was having a gritty/crappy trigger, so I pulled the trigger components out and hit them with some flitz, which was okay. The biggest improvement came from polishing the right side slide stop, that contacts the trigger bar. There’s still some hitch once I hit the wall, and I noticed there’s and issue with my channel liner, so I’m gonna see if my armorers can fix it today.

Site Supporter
    Mark me down in the flaking trigger bar column. My 19.5's trigger started to deteriorate near the end of the 2K challenge. When I detail stripped it, the problem became obvious. A new trigger bar fixed my problem.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pangloss; 05-21-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Site Supporter
    Not sure if it's trigger bar flaking, but my gen 5 has a trigger that I would describe as "marginal"

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Now I’m interested in hearing if ANYONE has a high round count Gen5 with NO trigger issues...

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    My understanding is that this is why the M models have DLC coated internal parts.
    This makes much sense to me, I have felt that Glock's internals were very poorly finished since my Gen 3/4 examples. So none of the consumer production guns have DLC internals?

FWIW, I'm taking the gun to Smyrna over lunch today. Fortunately I live close enough to do this!
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List