Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 45 (gen 5 obviously) trigger gone to complete shit at 1,500 rounds

Glock 45 (gen 5 obviously) trigger gone to complete shit at 1,500 rounds

I've got 1,500 rounds on a Glock 45 I bought in January. Bear in mind that I took 2 months off Glocks and shot Beretta 92's exclusively. Now that I'm about a week into messing with Glocks full time again I'm finding my G45 trigger to be rather difficult to press cleanly. I thought it was me at first, but then when I picked up my new pair of Gen 5 G19 MOS's this weekend, I found those triggers to be very easy to manipulate cleanly and reminded me of how my G45 used to feel.

I detail stripped and cleaned both the slide and frame this morning (even though it wasn't all that dirty, maybe 600 rounds since last cleaning) and found no improvement.

1. Anyone else seen this in a Gen 5 Glock?
    2. What do I do? Return it to Glock?

ETA: to further describe the problem: It's "stagey" (like 3-4 mini walls as you try to roll through the press), gritty, and it seems to stack weight through the press.
    Last edited by ASH556; 05-20-2019 at 08:52 AM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

I had this happen about a year ago on a Gen 4 19 and a fresh striker spring completely fixed it. The old one looked slightly askew and manifested more effort to seat it in the striker channel.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

This seems to be a common theme with the Gen5s from other threads that I’ve seen around here. I don’t own one yet, but this trend is disheartening to say the least. Following with interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I had this happen about a year ago on a Gen 4 19 and a fresh striker spring completely fixed it. The old one looked slightly askew and manifested more effort to seat it in the striker channel.
    So to prove or disprove this theory I could simply pull a striker assy (or heck, just slap the whole top end) from one of my 19's on the 45 right?

I think I may have disproven this then, because I put the MOS top with an ACRO on the G45 frame and the trigger nastiness still exsisted.

I'm wondering if it's not something inside that little box at the rear where the connector goes.
    Food Court Apprentice

Site Supporter
    Following this with interest since I'm poised to replace all my legacy Gen3 & Gen4 Glocks with Gen5 guns.

The same thing happened with me on a Gen 5 19. I put some grease on the connector, removed the plunger, blew into the recess the plunger sits a few times, reinstalled everything and it went away. In my experience (roughly 7,000 through Gen 5s), the trigger bar/connector needs a more frequent application of grease/lubricant than past gens to keep the trigger as clean. I have also noticed that pushing on the safety plunger a few times after shooting 400-500 rounds in a day will clean up the trigger pull if it starts to get heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I've got 1,500 rounds on a Glock 45 I bought in January. Bear in mind that I took 2 months off Glocks and shot Beretta 92's exclusively. Now that I'm about a week into messing with Glocks full time again I'm finding my G45 trigger to be rather difficult to press cleanly. I thought it was me at first, but then when I picked up my new pair of Gen 5 G19 MOS's this weekend, I found those triggers to be very easy to manipulate cleanly and reminded me of how my G45 used to feel.

I detail stripped and cleaned both the slide and frame this morning (even though it wasn't all that dirty, maybe 600 rounds since last cleaning) and found no improvement.

1. Anyone else seen this in a Gen 5 Glock?
    2. What do I do? Return it to Glock?

ETA: to further describe the problem: It's "stagey" (like 3-4 mini walls as you try to roll through the press), gritty, and it seems to stack weight through the press.
    Also check the trigger bar where it engages the connector. There was an issue of trigger bars coating flaking off causing heavy triggers. I had this happen on a 5th Gen 19. Replaced the trigger bar and all was good. I have not had it happen with any of my 19X or G45s' but the problem is well commented on. While it may be a bit of an irritation, It doesn't bother me. I always have a few trigger and connectors around, so in 5 minutes the problem is solved. ]

Glock ain't perfect, but they are by far much easier to source parts for and fix on the fly than other platforms.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 05-20-2019 at 09:43 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by thward89 View Post
    The same thing happened with me on a Gen 5 19. I put some grease on the connector, removed the plunger, blew into the recess the plunger sits a few times, reinstalled everything and it went away. In my experience (roughly 7,000 through Gen 5s), the trigger bar/connector needs a more frequent application of grease/lubricant than past gens to keep the trigger as clean. I have also noticed that pushing on the safety plunger a few times after shooting 400-500 rounds in a day will clean up the trigger pull if it starts to get heavier.
    I did apply fresh grease (Slip 2000 EWG) to the connector/trigger part interface as well as the striker/trigger bar interface.

Are you lubricating the safety plunger itself? I've always heard not to get any lubricant there as it can create issues in the striker channel.
    Food Court Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I did apply fresh grease (Slip 2000 EWG) to the connector/trigger part interface as well as the striker/trigger bar interface.

Are you lubricating the safety plunger itself? I've always heard not to get any lubricant there as it can create issues in the striker channel.
    No, not on the safety plunger.

This is very interesting. I have a G43 that had a great trigger, but now needs a bit more lube to feel smooth. I’m not sure how much I care about it... but maybe this is the price of the “improvements” from Gen 4 to Gen 5?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List