Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 45 (gen 5 obviously) trigger gone to complete shit at 1,500 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I bet a PF dollar that the problem is multifactorial. There is flaking on the trigger bar, interference with the ambi slide stop, crap in the striker channel, and in need of lubrication in various reports that I have read. There is also likely tolerance stacking, improper reassembly, that these are relatively crude parts and the bazillion pistols Glock makes that all factor in to enough occurrences to get the internet buzzing.

I just ran into an issue with an aftermarket trigger in a VP9, and that was definitely multifactorial!
    All of that.

Life's too short for all that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Reading through some of the responses gives me two thoughts...

1) some are making a bigger deal of this then it really is.

2) A vendor who does DLC needs to strike while the iron is hot at P-F. Who does DLC coatings? Would they do a batch of packages like Robars Norton special.
    I'd say that when the trigger doesn't reset far enough to engage the drop safety, it's time to prioritize fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I'd say that when the trigger doesn't reset far enough to engage the drop safety, it's time to prioritize fixing it.
    I totally agree and that is not acceptable.

I was more or less talking about blowing things out of proportion.

Site Supporter
    All this angst about Gen 5 Glocks is making me even more content with my Gen 2 17 and 19.
    Work will probably switch to them in about two years. Might be prudent to push the M models to the command staff if we can get them.

Beginning to wonder if this isn't really just lack of lubrication in many instances. Curious, does anybody who has had this problem know how often they have placed a drop of oil on the cupped palm part of the trigger assembly? This oiling point is important and was mentioned specifically in 'Making Glock's Rock' by T.R. Graham/AGI. I would imagine a light grease might be even better at this job than oil, but the oil is easier to apply (does not require detail stripping.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Beginning to wonder if this isn't really just lack of lubrication in many instances. Curious, does anybody who has had this problem know how often they have placed a drop of oil on the cupped palm part of the trigger assembly? This oiling point is important and was mentioned specifically in 'Making Glock's Rock' by T.R. Graham/AGI. I would imagine a light grease might be even better at this job than oil, but the oil is easier to apply (does not require detail stripping.
    Cupped palm part?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Same here, my early G5 G19 trigger fell apart around 2k. Everyone assured me it was just an issue with the very first guns. I guess not.

Never had this issue with numerous G17, 19 etc gen 3
    Last edited by Greg Bell; 05-25-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Cupped palm part?
    I believe it is the top left tab of the connector, as shown in this photo. It points straight up when looking at the frame from the top.

https://www.glockstore.com/Glock-Factory-Connector

You just turn the frame so the the 'cupped palm' faces upward and put a drop of oil in the 'palm' and let it run down for a mintute or so.

It's been a while since I've had Glock's or watched the video referenced so I may not be 100% that it is the connector but I am pretty sure.
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 05-25-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I believe it is the top left tab of the connector, as shown in this photo. It points straight up when looking at the frame from the top.

https://www.glockstore.com/Glock-Factory-Connector

You just turn the frame so the the 'cupped palm' faces upward and put a drop of oil in the 'palm' and let it run down for a mintute or so.

It's been a while since I've had Glock's or watched the video referenced so I may not be 100% that it is the connector but I am pretty sure.
    Ok, thanks - I’ve just never heard it referred that way. That’s one of my regular lube points.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 05-25-2019 at 04:06 PM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Ok, thanks - I’ve just never heard it referred that way. That’s one of my regular lube points.
    That's how he described it, just was how I remembered it... I know it sounds a little silly. I never actually lubed my Glock's there when I had them, I did also have some pretty (what I felt) bad trigger pulls even by Glock standards at the time (gen 3/4)... heavy, gritty, etc. I do think I remember seeing some pretty good wear on the rear of the trigger bar where it contacted the connector, but it has been quite awhile to be sure.

User Tag List