Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Glock 45 (gen 5 obviously) trigger gone to complete shit at 1,500 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Um, I’m seeing quotes of about $30 to DLC the trigger bar and connector. How do you figure?
    Where you seeing that?

My old Gen 3/4 17's looked just like to picture HCM posted when I observed they had some pretty bad trigger pulls. Sure looks like it's just a bad design IMO, you can see where it is obviously the safety plunger corners are taking bites out of the trigger bar. I never noticed the metal shavings in my examples though, but it was definitely rough... although not as bad as your sample.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I actually had a 1998ish vintage G23 that did the same thing. The plunger started flaking within the first 150 or less rounds. It did make the trigger a little "crunchy". I peeled the rest of the flaking off and I didn't do anything with it for years. It never demonstrated any additional wear beyond the flaking.

I went to a GSSF match several years later and showed the armorer and he said it wouldn't hurt anything but changed it out anyway. I still have it and it never flaked again.

I assume it was just a bad run of coating.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Looks a lot like my Gen 4 17 I posted earlier in this thread.
    Missed that but yeah, it does.

I’m just gonna swap out the guts and rock on.

Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Where you seeing that?
    Guy on ARFCOM that had it done. I’m trying to get details.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I see a lot of heavy flaking in G4 G17s

The part referred to the fin on the trigger bar already starts out rough. I see it on brand new guns.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just ran into an issue with an aftermarket trigger in a VP9, and that was definitely multifactorial!
    Forgive the thread drift, but I want to know more about this... I have VP40 that needs an aftermarket trigger due to my finger placement consistently ending up placed on the top 1/3 of trigger (trigger safety blade requires lower 2/3 placement in order to deactivate and fire). Perhaps there is a better thread to answer this.

Site Supporter
    All of my trigger bars have some degree of flaking. They are all gen 3 and gen 4

Site Supporter
    The safety plunger is one part I replaced on several of my Gen2/3/4 pistols. I think the Apex part is better made and marginally improves the trigger pull.

Maybe Glock should pay HK to make Glocks to HK qc specs and then bump the MSRP $150. Would that leave us anything to complain about aside from the price?

Glock 45 (gen 5 obviously) trigger gone to complete shit at 1,500 rounds

My striker channel liner and spring cups were replaced. The striker channel liner had gotten so dirty that gouges were getting dug into it that prevented the spacer sleeve from being depressed for disassembly.

The trigger had gone to shit too. While taking slack out the trigger felt good, but I’ve at the wall, the rest of the break would stage and was full of grit.

So, armorer replaced the channel liner and spring cups. The trigger press came back to being good.

Trigger bar still looks good.
    Last edited by BK14; 05-28-2019 at 09:22 PM.

User Tag List