Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 45 (gen 5 obviously) trigger gone to complete shit at 1,500 rounds

Is anyone offering aftermarket DLC coating of Glock components? Just curious.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

So the visit to Glock was fairly drama-free. The armorer I spoke to was a bit stiff, but not overtly rude. He questioned my choice of sights (Dawson Adjustable Tritiums), and then told me the whole problem was because the trigger bar had been re-installed incorrectly. I asked him if he could show me to do it correctly and the answer was, "No, but I'm sure you can find a video on youtube."

I don't know if he replaced the trigger bar or not, but the problem existed before I ever pushed the pins out of that frame (Monday morning) and still extisted after I re-assembled it.

Whatever, it's gone now and the trigger feels great. Time will tell. Now I need to adjust my sights a bit it seems:

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    So the visit to Glock was fairly drama-free. The armorer I spoke to was a bit stiff, but not overtly rude. He questioned my choice of sights (Dawson Adjustable Tritiums), and then told me the whole problem was because the trigger bar had been re-installed incorrectly. I asked him if he could show me to do it correctly and the answer was, "No, but I'm sure you can find a video on youtube."

I don't know if he replaced the trigger bar or not, but the problem existed before I ever pushed the pins out of that frame (Monday morning) and still extisted after I re-assembled it.

Whatever, it's gone now and the trigger feels great. Time will tell. Now I need to adjust my sights a bit it seems:

Pardon my French, but what a dick!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Glock knows this is a problem. This is why they build guns with coated parts. We need the coated parts readily available. I get it they are saving money, but give me the option to buy the good stuff. I’ll throw the stock parts in a bin just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Glock knows this is a problem. This is why they build guns with coated parts. We need the coated parts readily available. I get it they are saving money, but give me the option to buy the good stuff. I’ll throw the stock parts in a bin just in case.
    I don’t like that at all. It reminds me of companies having two lines of guns (eg Rem 870)—one for people who actually use the guns, and one for Bubba and Billybob who don’t.

Glock needs to make all of their guns equally durable.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post

Having the OEM coated parts available would be the best option, I agree.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I don’t like that at all. It reminds me of companies having two lines of guns (eg Rem 870)—one for people who actually use the guns, and one for Bubba and Billybob who don’t.

I don't think it's really anything more than a product of an agency testing the guns thoroughly then reporting back their issues with it, then the maker offers the solution to win the contract. In this case, it would seem rather than coming out and offering it on all new firearms they chose not to share the love in the interest of cost savings or maybe just a 'good enough' kind of attitude.

This reminds me of the case of H&K having a similar thing happen with certain agencies dunking completely assembled pistols into ultrasonic cleaners and then wiped off and put back into service. Needless to say corrosion would soon follow along with complaints of problems

In which case H&K started putting their special Maritime finish on all the internals for their ENTIRE pistol line from that point forward. They didn't just say, "Well, the problem here is isolated to these departments boneheaded approach to maintenance, so we'll just quietly use a better finish for them. They just quietly upgraded their entire pistol line moving forward to use the same finish on the internals.

Guess who gets my business for all pistols I might need moving forward? It's not a matter of what gun doesn't have problems, it's a matter of what company really CARES to do the right thing for their entire customer base knowing that these are more than just toys and people actually stake their life on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

And this is why I just stepped back from the edge. I was literally 45 minutes from purchasing a G45 with Bolds at my my LGS.
    Think I will just let things simmer a bit.

Now, I'm no tier 1 operator, but if I need to use a Glock to defend my life, I'm no less important than any FBI Agent in the same circumstance.

Site Supporter
    I have been to Glock Smyrna multiple times with multiple Gen 3 Glocks - 17s and 19s, and one Gen 2 Glock 17 (I worked nearby so very easy access). I had bought all these used - I asked for an "inspection". In my experience, an inspection = tear down the Glock, pull out all small parts, install all new small parts, test fire, and return to customer in waiting area. Seldom times I also paid Glock to install their "factory" night sights while "inspecting" - usually about $55. I also asked for mags to be inspected and usually got a new mag exchanged for my old one.

I have not been to Glock Smyrna in several years as I am a heretic and went down the M&P path - things may have changed. (Still have multiple Gen 3 Glocks though).

I have a G34 Gen 3 I shot in USPSA/IDPA for quite a while and never had this type of "fire control" issue.

I have zero concerns buying a civvie Glock. This is the main issue I have heard of and it is easily rectified. Glocks are cheap to buy and have cheap cost of ownership. More so than any other brand. By a long shot. Clean it, lube it, inspect it, use it.

Don’t fucking pull some off the wall legitimately cheap piece of shit on me either. Glocks are not expensive.

Make the parts available to all of us, that is what I ask.

User Tag List