Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 45 (gen 5 obviously) trigger gone to complete shit at 1,500 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Electroless nickel is a corrosion protection finish. It has nothing to do with the metal's hardness.
    But it is an overlay that has a hardness all its own; once removed then subjects the substrate metal (perhaps of a lesser hadrness) to wear.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Some people declare the CZ P-07 and P-09 unfit to carry because of a problem no one seems to be able to reproduce under anything but extreme contortions of trigger manipulation, or not at all (me included), but Glocks are good to go even though this thread shows they have their significant issues too.

And who can forget the Gen 4 RSA shitshow?
    Uh, no. It happened to me in a USPSA match, it happened to me in multiple practice sessions, and there was nothing resembling an extreme contortion of my trigger finger.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Dremel buffer wheel, toothpaste
    Yea maybe but doubt you can get it like this.

https://glocktriggers.com/product/guardian/

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    True, but that still does not prove they are in fact through hardened. Do you have any data to show they are through hardened?
    I never claimed anything. You brought up the electroless nickel tangent

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Uh, no. It happened to me in a USPSA match, it happened to me in multiple practice sessions, and there was nothing resembling an extreme contortion of my trigger finger.

Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    But it is an overlay that has a hardness all its own; once removed then subjects the substrate metal (perhaps of a lesser hadrness) to wear.
    True.

I never claimed anything. You brought up the electroless nickel tangent
    OK, thanks my mistake.

Anyone else?
    Of course, by others, and it was also confirmed by Cajun. Do you really think they were developing a new part to address this just because of me?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Some people declare the CZ P-07 and P-09 unfit to carry because of a problem no one seems to be able to reproduce under anything but extreme contortions of trigger manipulation, or not at all (me included), but Glocks are good to go even though this thread shows they have their significant issues too.

And who can forget the Gen 4 RSA shitshow?
    Truth^^^^^^^^

I have an Police Academy G17 Gen 4 assigned to me since 2013. I only bring it out twice a year for teaching at the police academy.

It has about 7,000 rounds through the tube with a Gen 3 Trigger bar where I stoned and smoothed (originally very jagged) the firing pin safety plunger extension. The coating was flaking off the firing pin safety plunger..... so I polished it off with a dremel wheel. I believe there is still a thin layer of coating across the flat.

Smooth trigger press and passes the shake test. Never an issue with this set up but it will never be carried in a defensive role.

Since my coating is gone (by me)..... I wonder if the two parts do not interface smoothly.... is it a disaster waiting to happen. Meaning a jagged trigger bar extension chewing the finish off the safety plunger and vice versa if the safety plunger does not move freely.... its chewing up the trigger bar extension.

My non educated guess.

The raised area at the bottom of my trigger bar extension was already there. I determined that part never touches the safety plunger. I did not remove that much material off the trigger bar extension leaving that raised area. I only cleaned up the jaggedness with a stone and polished with a dremel wheel.

Last edited by SW CQB 45; 05-22-2019 at 09:57 AM.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

User Tag List