Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match today, first Production division win

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    This isn't my first rodeo at competition, so I'm well aware of the tough row to hoe that's in front of me. The last sentence in my original post encapsulates my understanding of that pretty well.

I'm too old to be a contender at any major level, plus I have other things that I place a higher priority on. I do this for my own enjoyment, and a significant part of the enjoyment is to see the results of my work off the match show up on match day. I have my own stats that I track that help me measure beyond division placement.

While division wins at the local level may be participation trophies, I'll celebrate the small victories with joy, a beer, and a cigar.

For reference, I competed in NRA/CMP service rifle for close to nine years, reaching Master in two seasons; and reached A class in NSCA sporting clays in three seasons. In both of those I've had my share of class/category wins as well as the literal 13 year old that whipped my ass.

I can deal with it.
    #1 Congrats on your win.
    #2 Great to know that more kids, especially girls, are taking up lacrosse. I played throughout high school and it was definitely my favorite of all sports I participated in (vs football, wrestling, track & field). Tried to talk my daughter into it, but she was already fully immersed in soccer.
    #3 Impressed by your achievement in sporting clays----a completely different discipline which I find more fun, in a 'zen' kind of way, than pistol shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    #2 Great to know that more kids, especially girls, are taking up lacrosse.
    It's getting big in this part of the state

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Impressed by your achievement in sporting clays----a completely different discipline which I find more fun, in a 'zen' kind of way, than pistol shooting.
    It's the complete opposite in every way imaginable both from the mental aspect and from the marksmanship fundamentals aspect. Trigger control? I slap the shit out of it without mercy.

For a total ball breaker, shoot FITASC...….
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 05-21-2019 at 09:24 AM.

User Tag List