Thread: Holosun vs Vortex RDS for M&P 15-22

Site Supporter

Holosun vs Vortex RDS for M&P 15-22

Just ordered an M&P 15-22 to use as a trainer and for my son to use in a few years. Looking for a RDS similar to an Aimpoint Micro. I don't need an Aimpoint for a range 22, considering a Holosun ( not sure which one, something with a 2MOA dot in red) or maybe a Vortex. Anyone use either and have an opinion. Would like to stay around $200 since I only paid $300 for the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Just ordered an M&P 15-22 to use as a trainer and for my son to use in a few years. Looking for a RDS similar to an Aimpoint Micro. I don't need an Aimpoint for a range 22, considering a Holosun ( not sure which one, something with a 2MOA dot in red) or maybe a Vortex. Anyone use either and have an opinion. Would like to stay around $200 since I only paid $300 for the rifle.
    Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot rotary. Lifetime warranty. Not expensive. Works great.
    No issues with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I also have the Primary Arms micro style on my 15-22. I'm happy with it.
    Last edited by BobM; 05-18-2019 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot rotary. Lifetime warranty. Not expensive. Works great.
    Battery lasts a long time.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Huge fan of Holosun or Primary arms for budget optics.

Not so much with Vortex. In my shooting circle a bunch of us bought crossfires due to the incredible price and the Vortex name. They all had intermittent dot issues.

Yeah, I’d go with Primary Arms or Holosun.
    #RESIST

My first Holosun would not hold zero. The clicks could be felt, but would not move the dot, during recoil the dot would jump to position. It was promptly replaced with a new serial number.
    Taking a break from social media.

The Holosun/Primary Arms seem to be the best of the budget red dots. Our M&P 15-22s all have Primary Arms advanced micros on them. I bought one of their blems a couple years ago when they were selling them for $79, it has lived a hard life on an Ultimak rail on my AK and the hot ass Ultimak wasn't able to fry it.

Site Supporter
    The general consensus is the Holosun / Primary Arms / SIG red dots and possibly the newer vortex’s are all made in the same factory.

I’ve had good luck with Holosun and the sig Romeo 5. The SIG Romeo 5s can often be found for $ 119 or less. I believe PSA currently has them for $119.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the advice. Just ordered a Holosun HS515CU to try out on it.

User Tag List