Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Analysis: What do these targets say about my shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    I think what I'm doing is bad then.
    I squeeze until I hit the wall, sometimes pause, then squeeze making sure front sight/muzzle doesn't move.
    Is the proper way to squeeze the trigger all at one move without any pause at the wall?
    I "prep" the trigger by taking up slack, press through the wall to fire, reset the trigger during recoil, ... prep and press, until I'm done shooting.

Some people come all the way off the trigger. Some people press continuously. There is no universally accepted best practice.

However, I recommend learning how to press the trigger FAST without moving the gun.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post

I don't use dummy round. I load one in the chamber and take magazine out.
    The follow up empty squeeze, even though I know it's empty, often shows my flinch and closing eye.
    I don't want to use dummy round at the range as I have to unload it and it may fall behind the red lines.
    Try and see if your pistol will feed empty cases. Many will. You can load empty cases in the mags.

Post Here are the targets from rapid fire group shots...

Went to range last night.
    Mostly I shot in groups of 5 without pause.
    It was new to me as I usually shoot one shot, bring the gun back, align sights, level, focus on front etc... and repeat.
    It was hard to find the front sight between each shot.
    I tried to watch the slide/muzzle to see where it goes but can't see anything.
    It's too fast.
    It doesn't go too much left or right but can't tell if it moves little bit to the sides.
    I squeeze the trigger and before I can adjust my eyes, it's already back.
    Maybe I have to use a high speed camera. hmm...

Another issue I have is leveling the front and rear sights.
    Top of the sights are black so it's really hard to tell when they are perfectly leveled.
    Because of that, I think the front sight is slightly lower so my shots are all little low.
    Why can't we have one rear sight in the middle to align with the front instead of messing with proper gap? Won't that be easier???

Anyways, here are 7 targets I used.
    All were groups of 5 or 4 shots as fast as I could shoot except 6th sad face where I took one shot at a time and surprisingly that's the best group.

1. 1st target of the session at 5 yards. Two 5 shot groups. Not bad for first group shots.

2. 7 yards - all 5 are slightly below due to the issue of lack of contrast on top of the sights.

3. 7 yards

4. 10 yards - hey I hit two in the center out of 5.

5. 5 yards - my kid colored the grayscale target.

6. 7 yards - one shot at a time -- I have no idea how it became like a sad face. Would be great if that's what I tried to do.

7. Three 5 shot groups plus few at the end. Unloading at the end...

Anything that jumps out?

User Tag List